Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Audi S3 Trouble Codes Help

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hussain: The headlights on a MQB platform vehicle (like the S3) is controlled by the BCM. The CP "constellation" does include the BCM, but on your auto-scan, neither the CAN Gateway (which is the CP master module), or the BCM have recorded a CP in the BCM. So it's highly unlikely that the indicator problem is related to CP error IMO.

That said, the interesting thing about your auto-scan (for me) - besides the DTC rich nature of the report- is why the hex55 module can't be reached. Did the retrofitted lights have a hex55 module?

Also - does the car have a hex13 module (i.e. a ACC radar) on the front grill?

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 02-05-2020 at 04:28 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the reply. So just to clarify, you think it is related to component protection?

By the hex55 module, are you referring to the headlight range module? The headlights came with the modules that are attached to them but no other modules.

The ACC radar wiring had been cut off whether as a result of the crash or after the crash is unknown.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hussain: No - blinker problems likely not CP related

as for hex55 and hex13 modules - perhaps remove these from the Gateway installation list (also needs coding changes to tell the other related modules to no longer operate ACC)

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)