Thread: 2012 VW Amarok 2.0 TSI Engine Miss

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 VW Amarok 2.0 TSI Engine Miss

Hi Guys

I don't have the VCDS software so if i'm not allowed to post here please delete. I'm just running out of options and no one is able to find the issue on my van. Posted on many forums with zero response so just trying my luck here as well.. if that's allowed..

I'm no mechanic by any means but just a owner running out of options, so any feedback would be much appreciated!

Took my Amarok for a valet middle Dec and it's been standing ever since with a bad engine miss.... So water must of got in somewhere and damaged something but where is my issue. OR by some chance not even related....
    Fault codes on the VW system (not sure what system they use, might even be VCDS i wouldn't know):

Fault code:

Event code..........SAE Code............Event text

001BC....................P214900.............Fuel injector Group "B" Supply Voltage, Circuit Open
    (4540)

001BD....................P214900.............Fuel injector Group "B" Supply Voltage, Circuit Open
    (4541)

Things I've been told to replace with no change to problem:

New injectors
    New injector wiring harness

All normal stuff checked:

Coils
    Plugs
    Fuses
    Compression
    ECU Tested

Mechanic still checking other possible causes, but doesn't seem like we getting anywhere..

If anyone has some experience or advice on this please let me know..

Thanks!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spider 21,
    Have you checked for water in the ECU connector?
    Regards HMC

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi HMC

They say they've checked all connections, also there's a new harness to ECU.. The vehicles been standing for almost a month and a half so i'd imagine any water still in the motor would have dried up..
    They've just sent the ECU now for a second opinion, as the electrician working on it is adamant its the ECU, apparently supply voltage to injector 2 & 3 is low compared to 1 & 4.