Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a HEADACHE after just an alignment...#Steering Angle Sensor #ABS #EPB #ESC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrohead View Post
    Too bad these modern cars are so sensitive....back in the day I bought an Opel Ascona that had been hit hard front corner for the engine for my Vauxhall Cavalier coupe.
    Cranked the track rods ends best I could to get it drivable and took it home. Both front tyres were knackered when I got home and engine swap completed in a few hours.
    No adaptions, configurations or bullshit necessary.
    Yes, but that was in the days before consumers demanded, and government mandated, things like ABS and ESP.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but that was in the days before consumers demanded, and government mandated, things like ABS and ESP.

-Uwe-
    You could in theory install new tie rod assemblies if the worm gear in rack unit is determined to have a measured lash of accuracy and that the casting passes a re-certification process by an authorized agent, no?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well just an update. Thanks for all who replied.

I ended up going back to the dealership. I just mentioned to them I needed a boost and after a boost all the lights came on. They were able to determine ABS module lost its coding. Probably due to power failure. Gave everything a reset and is all good to go again. Car still drives straight as an arrow. All the assist systems still work as they should.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post