Activating traffic sign recognition - Audi TT

Hbuk24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=306940
I have just activated traffic sign recognition on my 2015 Audi TT 8S using the code below;

Code:
Unit A5
Security Access 20103
Coding
Byte01
Enable Bit 0
Adaption
find in the menu "display end of speed limit symbol" change the value to "active"
find in the menu "display no passing allowed" change the value to "active"
find in the menu "road sign detection fusion mode" change the value to "fusion"
find in the menu "display valid additional signs" and check if the value is 00100111

Unit 17
Coding
Byte05
Enable Bit2

It seems to be working ok but gives the working message "Traffic sign recognition: currently restricted. See owners manual" Does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
if you have navigation, then the "fusion" setting is not working, most probably something has to be changed in module 5F.

if you don't have navigation, it cannot be fixed. same on my Golf. it shows only once every ignition cycle, and I live with it.

Hbuk24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=306940
I have navigation but it has been retrofitted

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
you're Spanish... check your fellow Xagico PDF for traffic sign recognition instructions, what you're looking for is one adaptation in 5F.

I have limited internet access so cannot research more.

Hbuk24

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=306940
Thanks for your help, I will have look at the options in 5F.

Its a UK car over here in spain.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hbuck: Certainly follow darkchina's suggestion - but if I can add another possible explanation: your warning message is not unusual for folk that have retrofitted this facility (check Mr. Google).

If your car has Navigation fitted, then you probably selected 'Road Sign Fusion’ in the mode channel in the hexA5 module. This means that the algorithm for the traffic sign display that appears on the dash uses an amalgam of the road-sign speed as seen by the front camera and the speed information from the SATNAV's cadasteral data. Of course, I'm assuming that you have enabled VZA - Traffic Sign Display (Byte 24 Bit 6) on the hex5F module to accommodate the latter information stream.

So - think about what happens when you first start-up the facility (at ignition switch-on, say) or if your car is somewhere where the front camera has not detected a road sign (perhaps when driving in a rural area?). Naturally, one part of the "fusion" function is not possible. Result the warning message pops-up (I think)!

I'm not sure if this message pops-up in factory enable Road-sign recognition facilities, but it appears to be a not uncommon symptom when the feature is retrofitted

Don

Don

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
You probably need to load the TSR Parameters into the A5 Camera module too if it doesnt come with it (not with VCDS). this is what I do to enable TSR on UK cars. just the coding alone is not enough IMO.

mabnz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279595
Hey everyone,

I've just coded this on my RS3 8V and while it works, I'm getting the 'traffic sign recognition: restricted' once per ignition cycle. Did you ever figure out why this is? The car came with navigation from factory.

Cheers

Back