Thread: Activating traffic sign recognition - Audi TT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Activating traffic sign recognition - Audi TT

I have just activated traffic sign recognition on my 2015 Audi TT 8S using the code below;

Code:
    Unit A5
    Security Access 20103
    Coding
    Byte01
    Enable Bit 0
    Adaption
    find in the menu "display end of speed limit symbol" change the value to "active"
    find in the menu "display no passing allowed" change the value to "active"
    find in the menu "road sign detection fusion mode" change the value to "fusion"
    find in the menu "display valid additional signs" and check if the value is 00100111

Unit 17
    Coding
    Byte05
    Enable Bit2
    It seems to be working ok but gives the working message "Traffic sign recognition: currently restricted. See owners manual" Does anyone know why or how to fix this? Thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you have navigation, then the "fusion" setting is not working, most probably something has to be changed in module 5F.

if you don't have navigation, it cannot be fixed. same on my Golf. it shows only once every ignition cycle, and I live with it.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 20. and counting

3. Likes Hbuk24 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have navigation but it has been retrofitted

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're Spanish... check your fellow Xagico PDF for traffic sign recognition instructions, what you're looking for is one adaptation in 5F.

I have limited internet access so cannot research more.

6. Likes Hbuk24 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help, I will have look at the options in 5F.

Its a UK car over here in spain.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://goo.gl/D37qgp

This is Xagico PDF. check page 229.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hbuck: Certainly follow darkchina's suggestion - but if I can add another possible explanation: your warning message is not unusual for folk that have retrofitted this facility (check Mr. Google).

If your car has Navigation fitted, then you probably selected 'Road Sign Fusion’ in the mode channel in the hexA5 module. This means that the algorithm for the traffic sign display that appears on the dash uses an amalgam of the road-sign speed as seen by the front camera and the speed information from the SATNAV's cadasteral data. Of course, I'm assuming that you have enabled VZA - Traffic Sign Display (Byte 24 Bit 6) on the hex5F module to accommodate the latter information stream.

So - think about what happens when you first start-up the facility (at ignition switch-on, say) or if your car is somewhere where the front camera has not detected a road sign (perhaps when driving in a rural area?). Naturally, one part of the "fusion" function is not possible. Result the warning message pops-up (I think)!

I'm not sure if this message pops-up in factory enable Road-sign recognition facilities, but it appears to be a not uncommon symptom when the feature is retrofitted

Don

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

11. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You probably need to load the TSR Parameters into the A5 Camera module too if it doesnt come with it (not with VCDS). this is what I do to enable TSR on UK cars. just the coding alone is not enough IMO.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap