History Data Block Definitions

SchnellTDI

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=55053
Hello All,
I'm looking for more information regarding recorded data from the Gateway module pertaining mostly to MQB vehicles. I'm working on one in particular that I am suspecting a possible wake up due to a Gearshift microswitch waking up the bus. I have been digging in more using VCDS lately for specific reasons that ODIS fails on certain uses such as graphing and now to decode the data from the Gateway module - ever more important with stop start etc. There is seemingly little in terms of explanation of the data and its definitions and parameters for setting flags etc. For example on History Data Block 5 or as VCDS calls it LifeCycleData Record 5, its lists "reasons for registration" - it lists "2" - what does "2" mean?....is there a 3 4, etc. and what do they mean? Status of lights lists 7 digits instead of ODIS's 6? Is the text and or digits changed due to copyright issues?

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for posting your question, there is an Audi Self Study Program(SSP) that was published in 2008 by Audi of America, Inc. that will answer a lot of your questions.

This SSP linked below, details the History Data found on the J533, the Structure of Data Records and even gives examples of the information.

I highly recommend reading this SSP, unfortunately, I do not believe there is a Volkswagen equivalent.

SSP 972703 Audi Vehicle Batteries and Energy Management Systems

Have you 'moused over' the boxes on the VCDS Toolbox [B.History] viewer?
- When doing so you can see there is an "Unknown" for the "reasons for registration".

Hope this helps and if anyone else has anything to add, please share it with us!

drpeter

Back