Retrofitting APS Sensors

macapple

Verified VCDS-User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=363509
Does anyone tested before on A3 8v or a4 b9 ?

just wondering the positioning of the sensors before drilling , how do you judge or measure the correct position ?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
By APS you mean "automatic parking sensors"? This is usually known as PLA ("park-lenkung assist" in German).

On the A3 8V the retrofit of PLA from 8K PDC should be pretty straightforward. Install and wire side sensors and replace the PDC module for a PLA module and code it and other modules.
On the A4 B9 the PDC/PLA is integrated into the BCM. I don't remember what the PLA retrofit entails for this model but someone else might know.

As for the correct position of the PLA side sensors, the bumpers should have an outline on the correct sensor position for the sensor mounting bracket on the inside. You can base the position of the sensor hole on that, I think.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
for A3 8V, the side sensor brackets are not available as spare part, they come molded with a new bumper for PLA. I have a fried who installed the sensors with Golf brackets I suggested, and it works perfectly.

I confirm there is a marking inside the bumper, to drill the hole for the sensor.

Back