Thread: Retrofitting APS Sensors

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like

Retrofitting APS Sensors

Does anyone tested before on A3 8v or a4 b9 ?

just wondering the positioning of the sensors before drilling , how do you judge or measure the correct position ?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    By APS you mean "automatic parking sensors"? This is usually known as PLA ("park-lenkung assist" in German).

On the A3 8V the retrofit of PLA from 8K PDC should be pretty straightforward. Install and wire side sensors and replace the PDC module for a PLA module and code it and other modules.
    On the A4 B9 the PDC/PLA is integrated into the BCM. I don't remember what the PLA retrofit entails for this model but someone else might know.

As for the correct position of the PLA side sensors, the bumpers should have an outline on the correct sensor position for the sensor mounting bracket on the inside. You can base the position of the sensor hole on that, I think.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    for A3 8V, the side sensor brackets are not available as spare part, they come molded with a new bumper for PLA. I have a fried who installed the sensors with Golf brackets I suggested, and it works perfectly.

I confirm there is a marking inside the bumper, to drill the hole for the sensor.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 20. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i ordered theses but havent finished fitting them so i cant comment on how well the fit.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400036...18021a0&is_c=N