Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audi a4 8w Ambient Light Retrofit

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi a4 8w Ambient Light Retrofit

hi, i am in the middle of this retrofit. i already have cupholders and center console multicolor light working, but i have some issues,
    the footweels when i open the doors they turns on in white color, but when i start the car the footweels turns off isntead get the color i choose.
    strange because when i make the multicolor presentation mode all the lights turns the color correctly.
    another problem i have is the contour color option does not appears on the ambint light menu
    any help?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    We'll need to see an unedited VCDS Auto-Scan to identify how your car is equipped and how you've configured it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ambient light in Audi B9/8W cannot be retrofitted successfully without VCP. You need to upload parameters to your BCM.
    Only VCDS is not enough.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i got vcp and already download a4_bcm_8w0907063cc.zdc file and upload qq2_ambient_drive select
    retrofit is possible because i already have the cup holder and center console working
    only the foootweels not work correctly
    maybe 09 central electric byte and enable some bit is missing or something

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know we're I need to plug the Rgb footweels lights in bcm? I plug on t73a pin 59 and pin 28. That's right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have thought that to enable the color changing of RGB footwell lights needs 4 connections not just two?

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need only 3 connections. Pin 3 on rgb fotweel is to supply Lin to another rgb footweel light and pin 4 is just ground

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already solved the problem. a4_bcm_8w0907063cc.zdc and upload all ambient light data, 1,2 and 3. And all the Rgb lights works. Including the contour lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luis1983 View Post
    You need only 3 connections. Pin 3 on rgb fotweel is to supply Lin to another rgb footweel light and pin 4 is just ground
    I did wonder if the lights were "intelligent" with an embedded LIN slave, but as you say that means 3 connections are needed (power, ground and LIN) not just two as mentioned in your earlier post

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also interested in retrofitting ambient light plus on my B9 P+. Did you replace existing LED modules with genuine QQ2 ones, then tweaked VCP & VCDS?