Audi a4 8w Ambient Light Retrofit

luis1983

Reaction score
hi, i am in the middle of this retrofit. i already have cupholders and center console multicolor light working, but i have some issues,
the footweels when i open the doors they turns on in white color, but when i start the car the footweels turns off isntead get the color i choose.
strange because when i make the multicolor presentation mode all the lights turns the color correctly.
another problem i have is the contour color option does not appears on the ambint light menu
any help?
thanks

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We'll need to see an unedited VCDS Auto-Scan to identify how your car is equipped and how you've configured it.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Ambient light in Audi B9/8W cannot be retrofitted successfully without VCP. You need to upload parameters to your BCM.
Only VCDS is not enough.

luis1983

Reaction score
i got vcp and already download a4_bcm_8w0907063cc.zdc file and upload qq2_ambient_drive select
retrofit is possible because i already have the cup holder and center console working
only the foootweels not work correctly
maybe 09 central electric byte and enable some bit is missing or something

luis1983

Reaction score
Anyone know we're I need to plug the Rgb footweels lights in bcm? I plug on t73a pin 59 and pin 28. That's right?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I would have thought that to enable the color changing of RGB footwell lights needs 4 connections not just two?

luis1983

Reaction score
You need only 3 connections. Pin 3 on rgb fotweel is to supply Lin to another rgb footweel light and pin 4 is just ground

luis1983

Reaction score
I already solved the problem. a4_bcm_8w0907063cc.zdc and upload all ambient light data, 1,2 and 3. And all the Rgb lights works. Including the contour lights.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
You need only 3 connections. Pin 3 on rgb fotweel is to supply Lin to another rgb footweel light and pin 4 is just ground
I did wonder if the lights were "intelligent" with an embedded LIN slave, but as you say that means 3 connections are needed (power, ground and LIN) not just two as mentioned in your earlier post ;)

kartashon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=392126
I'm also interested in retrofitting ambient light plus on my B9 P+. Did you replace existing LED modules with genuine QQ2 ones, then tweaked VCP & VCDS?

luis1983

Reaction score
yes. you need to replace all the led modules and wiring . i made the coding only with VCP

husain9666

Reaction score
I did the ambient light retrofit for Audi A4 b9 I just had the same problem when i open the doors they turns on in white color, but when i start the car the footweels turns off

In the MMI I Made the brightness of footwell light to high but nothing happend

All the light work perfect but the footwell light
Do you have solution for that please

Last edited:

davorius007

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=385293
I already solved the problem. a4_bcm_8w0907063cc.zdc and upload all ambient light data, 1,2 and 3. And all the Rgb lights works. Including the contour lights.
Hey,, I am planning to do the multi color retrofit in my A4 2020... Which BCM you have version .... 063 xx ? How did the process ended for your retrofit ???

Top servis

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Salve ho appena effettuato il retrofit luci multicolor e si è presentato lo stesso problema che ho letto nel forum cioè le luci piedi vano si accendono solo quando apro la porta ...
Gentilmente ce qualcuno che mi può aiutare!
vi ringrazio anticipatamente

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Salve ho appena effettuato il retrofit luci multicolor e si è presentato lo stesso problema che ho letto nel forum cioè le luci piedi vano si accendono solo quando apro la porta ...
Gentilmente ce qualcuno che mi può aiutare!
vi ringrazio anticipatamente

0nLlfK0.png

-Uwe-

Top servis

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Salve, ho appena retrofittato le luci multicolori e si è verificato lo stesso problema che ho letto nel forum, cioè le luci vano piedi si accendono solo quando apro la porta ...
Gentilmente c'è qualcuno che può aiutarmi!
ti ringrazio anticipatamente

• Disagree
Reactions: Uwe

Top servis

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Hi, I just retrofitted multicolor lights and the same problem I read in the forum occurred, that is the footwell lights turn on only when I open the door ...
Kindly there is someone who can help me!
I thank you in advance

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
@Top servis - you should start with an autoscan from VCDS so we can see what car you have and how it's configured :)

Top servis

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Ho un a4 b9 ful optional e avevo già le luci bianche ora ho cambiato cablaggio e led grb ho codificato tutto ma le luci pedali non funzionano o meglio funzionano solo quando apri la portiera. Allego un pdf di installazione.

Attachments

• Guida luci ambient mini2 (2).pdf
    722.2 KB · Views: 65
Back