Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P0638, fixed, cleared code, then no start

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    If It's the first time reading it you didn't retain what you read in the JPPSG huh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarious_liability

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post156577
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jack, I've been doing a lot of reading. Sometimes things fall out of my brain. I just poured some vodka so I may save any more serious reading for tomorrow while I'm on hold with the Audi dealer. How's your popcorn?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude the company here, mixed drinks and popcorn are over the top!

You know I'm just looking out for you right?
    There is nothing wrong with a good drink to relax, fixing your own car or asking the right questions with friends?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    MIXED drinks? Man, I drink it straight or I don't drink it at all....

It's all good, I like learning, but I'm just a DIYer so there's always something to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah I was a wine and liquor salesman as a kid and straight stuff is good but costly if playing scotch, id rather go cognac's, lately I'm fond of coffee liquors & since they amp up a strong coffee to next level of sipping.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love coffee and am very particular, but never got into coffee liquors. My usual is a double vodka with bit of lime juice. I have two bottles of scotch, but as you said, it's costly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure Grey Goose or Fris with a lime and tonic is nice too, pretty smooth vodka that way.

Yeah I love coffee and I find the liquors to mix that are pretty good when kicking back.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eh, Grey Goose isn't my favorite. I prefer potato based vodkas. Chopin is my favorite, but Monopolova makes a good everyday vodka. I stopped adding tonic, because of the added sugar, and the quinine makes my tinnitus flare up.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well here is an update.the throttle valve was indeed faulty. I took it to the dealer however they said they may not be able to get Audi to reimburse it under the TDI warranty. They claim that the fault showed up in the repair logs before the recall work was done. I'm not sure how that is possible since I scanned the car with VCDS when I purchased it and that code was not present anywhere. I guess I will wait and see what they say.
    Last edited by bill1975; 01-24-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here is an update.the throttle valve was indeed faulty. I took it to the dealer however they said they may not be able to get Audi to reimburse it under the TDI warranty. They claim that the false showed up in the repair logs before the recall work was done. I'm not sure how that is possible since I scanned the car with VCDS when I purchased it and that code was not present anywhere. I guess I will wait and see what they say.

Did you ask them if you should email Holly after they put that in writing?

Did you read the list of parts that are covered by such an extension or existing useful life warranty?

Did you JPPSG yet?

11. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post