P0638, fixed, cleared code, then no start

bill1975

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288000
Thanks Jack, I've been doing a lot of reading. Sometimes things fall out of my brain. I just poured some vodka so I may save any more serious reading for tomorrow while I'm on hold with the Audi dealer. How's your popcorn?:popcorn: :p

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Dude the company here, mixed drinks and popcorn are over the top!
:p
You know I'm just looking out for you right?
There is nothing wrong with a good drink to relax, fixing your own car or asking the right questions with friends?

bill1975

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288000
MIXED drinks? Man, I drink it straight or I don't drink it at all....

It's all good, I like learning, but I'm just a DIYer so there's always something to learn.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Nah I was a wine and liquor salesman as a kid and straight stuff is good but costly if playing scotch, id rather go cognac's, lately I'm fond of coffee liquors & since they amp up a strong coffee to next level of sipping.

bill1975

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288000
I love coffee and am very particular, but never got into coffee liquors. My usual is a double vodka with bit of lime juice. I have two bottles of scotch, but as you said, it's costly.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Sure Grey Goose or Fris with a lime and tonic is nice too, pretty smooth vodka that way.

Yeah I love coffee and I find the liquors to mix that are pretty good when kicking back.

bill1975

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288000
Eh, Grey Goose isn't my favorite. I prefer potato based vodkas. Chopin is my favorite, but Monopolova makes a good everyday vodka. I stopped adding tonic, because of the added sugar, and the quinine makes my tinnitus flare up.

bill1975

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288000
Well here is an update.the throttle valve was indeed faulty. I took it to the dealer however they said they may not be able to get Audi to reimburse it under the TDI warranty. They claim that the fault showed up in the repair logs before the recall work was done. I'm not sure how that is possible since I scanned the car with VCDS when I purchased it and that code was not present anywhere. I guess I will wait and see what they say.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well here is an update.the throttle valve was indeed faulty. I took it to the dealer however they said they may not be able to get Audi to reimburse it under the TDI warranty. They claim that the false showed up in the repair logs before the recall work was done. I'm not sure how that is possible since I scanned the car with VCDS when I purchased it and that code was not present anywhere. I guess I will wait and see what they say.

Did you ask them if you should email Holly after they put that in writing? :rolleyes:

Did you read the list of parts that are covered by such an extension or existing useful life warranty?

Did you JPPSG yet?

bill1975

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288000
Yes the part is definitely covered, they said as much. Maybe I should contact Holly...

Back