Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retrofit: Front Fog lamps & Paddle shifters - Golf Mk7.5

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    BCM needs to be replaced with 5Q0 937 084 DD, this would also facilitate other retrofits. honestly I am not completely sure, as there is no way to tell from the part number, but the higher BCM for your VIN is DD, and that's always the HIGH, the most complete. if you want to know if yours supports the fog lights, take it out and look if the relative pin is present.

light switch is 5G0 941 431 BD WZU, without any doubt. same I retrofitted (I lacked the AUTO position).

steering wheel is 5G0 419 091 GE, has the cruise control buttons and the paddle shifters.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 20. and counting

2. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    BCM needs to be replaced with 5Q0 937 084 DD, this would also facilitate other retrofits. honestly I am not completely sure, as there is no way to tell from the part number, but the higher BCM for your VIN is DD, and that's always the HIGH, the most complete. if you want to know if yours supports the fog lights, take it out and look if the relative pin is present.

light switch is 5G0 941 431 BD WZU, without any doubt. same I retrofitted (I lacked the AUTO position).

steering wheel is 5G0 419 091 GE, has the cruise control buttons and the paddle shifters.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure the BCM swap is not a straight forward one. Any suggestions? Have you personally done a BCM upgrade?

The light switch seems like the one I already have, I thought I required the LDS with "Auto" on top and the "OFF" position on the left side.

Any recommendation on a seller, I can see lots on ebay but cant tell between genuine and counterfeit.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    of course I upgraded my BCM, the MID one I had from stock did not support heated seats. if you search the forum there was another guy retrofitting heated seats and I walked him through the BCM swap process step by step. you'll need a session with a dealer.

not sure what you're saying about the LDS, if it's like the picture you posted then it lacks the front fogs and you need to replace it with the part I said.

I don't have a favorite seller, I always bought parts around europe where it was cheapest. the majority comes from wrecked cars so I wouldn't worry about being non-genuine.

about the steering wheel, I gave you THE part number for your VIN but the same steering wheel exists across different years with different part numbers. just find one that has the buttons you want and the paddle shifters, it will work.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello darkchina811,

Sorry to disturb you.... Would you be in a position to assist me with the fog lamp coding?

I did search online but could only find for the older generation BCMs, those with long coding, whereas in my car's BCM, the long coding is all "zeros" and everything is in the adaptation channels. Please assist me with the static cornering coding as well.

TIA,

Nitin

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    no problem, but since my BCM is also the old-style coding, I never researched much on the new generation. I am sure somebody will chime in soon.

anyways, did you replace it already? that was fast :P

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    no problem, but since my BCM is also the old-style coding, I never researched much on the new generation. I am sure somebody will chime in soon.

anyways, did you replace it already? that was fast :P
    No Its still the same. I'm trying to see if it has the required pins.

I did come across a site where someone had fog lamps on the VW Golf mk7 with the same BCM. So I'm assuming it may not require an upgrade. However, when it comes to coding, the long coding only displays all "zeros" and left everything to adaptation channels.

https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=72376

regards,

Nitin

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    if that guy has fogs then yes, BCM is good for fogs. he also published adaptation maps so compare his to yours with WinMerge.

I think fog lights in german are called Nebellichts.