Retrofit mk60ec1 into 2.5 Tiguan.

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
The ABS module you fit needs to come from a car that had HHC or AWD. the 2WD versions didn't have the sensor built, hence the fault.

When I retrofiited AWD to my car (which uses the different MK60), I had to change the yaw sensor to the one with the G251 in it. Since your sesnors are built into the unit, you need to change the ABD module.

You *MAY* find the two types use the same block number *on MK60 it's engraved in the alloy case) and you can change just the module over (I think this is possible on LHD cars?).

Shouldn't you be able to try a module from a late MK5 4motion with MK60EC1? Or find which part number correlates to the PR code for cars WITH HHC? That module would have the G251 built in, and should allow the AWD to use the sensor?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I agree with NZDubNurd here however I don't believe you will find a late AWD Mk5 NAR market module because the 2008 R32 used MK60. Instead, if you were to focus on AWD models I believe you need to look at 2012/2013 Golf R era modules. Alternatively you may have success with one from a FWD Mk6 GTI that used UG4 Hill start assist + comfort driving assist like my old car.

Back