Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 passat no start no crank

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, the fob gets locked in the ignition every time. So I have to click the shifter button to get it to release.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Time to RTFB and view a WD huh?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to using the system is rgb (real time feed back ) unsure what we is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coryr55 View Post
    Hover you mouse over anything that is bold underlined green on this website, such as RTFB, and a pop-up will appear with an explanation

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

RTFB = READ THE FACTORY BOOK

Here is a nice link to it.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I end up needing a ignition switch can I program a new one with the vcds software. And I know I need a steering wheel lock can I program a new one

Post Thanks / Like
    If I end up needing a ignition switch can I program a new one with the vcds software. And I know I need a steering wheel lock can I program a new one

Ignition switch is ????????????........... hold on wait, what's RTFB say for work procedure, stop trying to circumvent the repair manual?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the manual it says they need coded I'm wondering if we can code them with a software

Post Thanks / Like
    In the manual it says they need coded I'm wondering if we can code them with a software
    Can you post a screenshot of this alleged statement?

What repair manual are you using?

Don't you need to correct power up first to establish communications, did you verify power/grounds/CAN at respective components offline & using WD in RTFB?

Been here yet?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...rstanding-of-!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thinking out loud here...

Brake lights, 4 way flashers and flash-to-pass high beam headlights done for 30 seconds, then try an Auto-Scan and see if more modules communicate.

What if the J329 was hotwired to force Terminal 15 to go hot? Maybe remove the relay and wrap some wire around the 30 and 87 legs of the relay and then pop it back into the J519. Or maybe remove the plastic cap and tape down the mechanical contact of the relay to make Terminal 15 go hot. At any rate, with Terminal 15 hot, try another Auto-Scan and see if you get additional information.

Jack... RTFM says for testing of the ignition switch (D9), jump into misGuided Fault Finding... You should know better than to expect RTFM to be useful at all times... but I think we both agree there is no excuse for not having a copy of the factory repair manual for said car.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

12. Likes Uwe liked this post