New user with a question on VCDS lite

hogluvr

Reaction score
Hi guys, just joined. Have a 2008 Beetle with some issues, bought it as-is. Pulled some codes using a 3rd party interface cable I bought for my '01 TDI Beetle that I could never get to work, seems to work fine with VCDS shareware and a newer laptop. Was wondering if I could do a throttle body alignment and check the transmission temperature with VCDS lite? I see there is limited functionality with the shareware and more function with the registered version but unclear which functions I wouldn't get between VCDS lite either registered or unregistered and the regular VCDS? I found a chart comparing the 3 but can't tell if I can to things like a TBA and trans temp with VCDS lite. Thanks in advance for your help! :thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, you can do a TBA on that car with VCDS-Lite, but only if it's registered.

Transmission temperature can probably be read with the free shareware version, but I don't know off the top of my head what transmission/TCU an 08 Beetle likely has, so I'm not certain.

FWIW, the NB was the only VAG in the NAR market that still did full diagnostics via K-Line in MY 2008.

-Uwe-

hogluvr

Reaction score
Thanks Uwe, I thought I read that somewhere, maybe even here, that's why I decided to try it. And as far as transmission goes, I believe it's the infamous 09g.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And as far as transmission goes, I believe it's the infamous 09g.
If so, the fluid temperature should be in MVB 006.1 and you should be able to see it with the free shareware version.

-Uwe-

Back