Component protection modules 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonjrm

Reaction score
I have a question, if the retrofitting of a module Golf 7 is new, has protection component?:confused:

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
:popcorn: because I thought I read somewhere that if a CP module is brand new, it will activate itself on first connection. I couldn't get a definitive answer from my dealership when I asked, they just kept on refering to 'coding' the module as a generic term.

demonjrm

Reaction score
I understand that if a module is used and has the VIN associated with the module require passage by the official workshop to remove the protection of components. But if the module is new encode should stop taking the VIN of the car. I'm planning to retrofit the park assist and side assist using new switchboards, without associated VIN. Hope you do not have to go through official workshop. you think?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Some modules in the MQB chassis cars definitely do have component protection. It's not yet clear to us exactly which ones they are or whether a brand-new module from the dealer can be installed without blessing from VW's servers. Being able to install a brand-new module without that BS would be the ethical way for VW to implement this, since those brand-new parts are obviously not stolen from someone else's car. After all, preventing stolen parts from being used is the ostensible justification for this crap. However, that's not how it was implemented in Audis previously, and I rather doubt that's how it is in these cars either. If that's correct, then it should really be called "Dealer Profit Protection" rather than "Component Protection".

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
I know for sure Can Gateway has CP in MK7 Golf.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Uwe said:
If that's correct, then it should really be called "Dealer Profit Protection" rather than "Component Protection".

hmm........... I find it hard to believe that the folk at VW would even contemplate such a thing!

I know for sure Can Gateway has CP in MK7 Golf.

Jetta: This is what VW say (in their training material) about the "enhanced" CP in the mk7. I think that it's a simple case on MQB platform vehicles of "too much component protection is never enough"!

BE3ZkrW.jpg

Last edited:

demonjrm

Reaction score
hmm........... I find it hard to believe that the folk at VW would even contemplate such a thing!

Jetta: This is what VW say (in their training material) about the "enhanced" CP in the mk7. I think that it's a simple case on MQB platform vehicles of "too much component protection is never enough"!

BE3ZkrW.jpg

Very good information! , According to this scheme, I have no problem retrofitted with new modules J791 (park steering assist) and J769 - J770 (change side assist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back