Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Scan Hangs at 52%

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Do the two leds by the button turn off for a second?
    How can I get you the EDL file Shaun?
    2009 Touareg 3.0L TDI

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
    How can I get you the EDL file Shaun?
    Shaun has the day off today, so you probably won't hear from him until Monday.

My suggestion: Bring the HEX-NET inside where you've got good WiFi, put it in Infrastructure mode so it can talk to the server, and tell it to upload it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    My suggestion: Bring the HEX-NET inside where you've got good WiFi, put it in Infrastructure mode so it can talk to the server, and tell it to upload it.
    Why didn't I think of that…

The EDL file is docid 0000-588B.

Also, I see that a dataset update is available: 60000055->60000057. Any chance that has something to do with it?

A.
    2009 Touareg 3.0L TDI

5. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dataset wouldn't directly cause communication issues. Do let us know if you were unable to download that update in the house.

In the meanwhile, Shaun should be able to review your debugs on Monday so don't hesitate to bump this back up Monday evening if you don't hear back from one of us sooner.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    The dataset wouldn't directly cause communication issues. Do let us know if you were unable to download that update in the house.
    Can't download the update at my desk, either. Sits at 1KB/0%.

A.
    2009 Touareg 3.0L TDI

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Log shows there seems to be a problem with talking to the 22 module. Can you talk to the 22 directly out of the scan? If so, can you make a debug log of that?

10. Likes Uwe, carbon60 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Log shows there seems to be a problem with talking to the 22 module. Can you talk to the 22 directly out of the scan? If so, can you make a debug log of that?
    Looks like I canít talk to 22 at all. Tried and got CAN failed. Docset 0000-58A0 for the log of that.

Whatís next?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have access to a windows laptop at all, can you borrow one from a friend? It would be good to know if this module talks with VCDS and if you can make some debug logs there.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have access to a windows laptop at all, can you borrow one from a friend? It would be good to know if this module talks with VCDS and if you can make some debug logs there.
    Iím sure I can dig one up. But it will be this weekend. I donít know anyone who still uses windows, other that locked-down corporate laptops, so itís tricky. I think I have an old Lenovo in my storage locker that I can resuscitate.

Anything else I can do meanwhile? The provided debug log didnít show anything?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    They confirm the module isn't responding at all, but that doesn't really tell us why. It would be good to see a log of it working, to compare. If you are able to get the module to talk with VCDS, then make debug logs with level 1024 and 1048 in VCDS.

15. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post