MK5 GOLF GTI 2006 Open Circuit N249 N80 N75 N276

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Great glad to hear it but why did the fuse blow is the question and what component on track is the culprit?

The fuse blew as a result.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Those EWIN wiring diagrams are so good when you get your head around them aren't they. Never going to go near any car electrics without first downloading those diagrams.
I wish I could LIKE that post more than once. Way too many people seem unwilling to accept the necessity of having proper wiring diagrams (and learning to read them).

shandyandy77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=392052

Great glad to hear it but why did the fuse blow is the question and what component on track is the culprit?

The fuse blew as a result.

The problem is that fuse 46 was in slot 47...because...

I pulled all the fuses to check them looking for a ABS issue (which is now fixed)...anyway 3 days or so later I then changed the battery and had all the problems...not realising there was a misplaced fuse...

So I am 100% converted to checking wiring diagrams before doing anything!

Anyway I'm pleased I made the mistake because I've learned a load and I really enjoyed it...diagnostics is where it's at!

shandyandy77

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=392052
I wish I could LIKE that post more than once. Way too many people seem unwilling to accept the necessity of having proper wiring diagrams (and learning to read them).
y)
Yeah I spent £30 for the day access and screen shot all the ones for my car, worth every penny. Knowing what I know now and with the diagrams, my issue was a 15 minute fix.

Those wiring diagrams are just a necessity, total waste of time trying to fix anything by guess work, the heated seats haven't worked for ages so I'm off to fix those now (hopefully), just reading those wiring diagrams now!

Back