Where is J533?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
tultalk said:
Not a real friendly response. Are you a Ross-Teck employee or a hanger on?
Just a fellow enthusiast (retired designer of vehicle electronic systems) trying to help you out, you need to take some calm pills.

Clarification of purpose: I want to add a stand alone J533 to my 2003 which has the virtual J533 embedded in J285.
I used to help people retrofit the RNS-E sat nav to their Audis and I do remember one person getting the newer version of the RNS-E to work in their old A6 by connecting the RNS-E to a standalone CAN gateway connected in parallel with the gateway built-in to the instrument cluster (which is what I believe is similar to what you are asking about).

As I recall they didn't have any problems resulting from fitting the additional CAN gateway, so I would suggest you try and see what happens.

tultalk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
As I recall they didn't have any problems resulting from fitting the additional CAN gateway, so I would suggest you try and see what happens.

Thanks Will get on with it,

tultalk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
NOPE just an asshole trying to help a fellow compatriot realize their laziness & lack of attention to details, do you see it?

No huh, so what is so friendly about asking the forum to purport issues for illegal unlawful content?

Did you Google it already? Well will ya? :p...........

I'm sorry you believe this and doubt my intent huh?

http://www.vaglinks.com/vaglinks_com/Docs/SSP/VWUSA.COM_SSP_941003_Audi_Engine_Management.pdf

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_238.pdf

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_269_d1.pdf

https://www.snapon.com/Files/Diagno...leCommunicationSoftwareManual_EAZ0031B01D.pdf

Did not mean to insult your intent.

I have looked at all these previously. It appears that the embedded 533 does not expose the the actual H/L CAN as does the external J533. Just trying to confirm as I move forward.

I of course take exception to your accusation of laziness and lack of attention to detail. There are multitudes of information out there with conflicting identities and misinformation to sort through. Not to mention lack of definition of processes including such a simple explanation of the normal wake up process for modules step by step.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

tultalk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Hi Again:

What you want is induced FOD punishment and that is fine by me?

What is the implication here? What forced object damage? Comment makes no sense to me

Regards

Robert

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Anything modified from factory design is FOD Robert.

Instead of taking issue with it take it to retrofit area.

Dismissing the SSP data is foolish when seeking to know stuff.

_Val

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356659
1. Why? Because I want to
2. Should not pose problems?
You can do it. No problem. What you supposed to get after doing that?
My guess: You will check your K line devices in gateways installation list. That will not get you an autoscan [Auto-detect (CAN only) option] run faster by opening only checked devices. VCDS will only connect those devices by CAN (not even trying K line). BTDT. That's why it's called CAN gateway, not K line gateway :)

Instead read Myautoscan.txt file

tultalk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Anything modified from factory design is FOD Robert.

Instead of taking issue with it take it to retrofit area.

Dismissing the SSP data is foolish when seeking to know stuff.

Not dismissing the SSP data. I see it as just an overview but leads in the right direction for understanding functionality.

I have a workbench full of modules waiting to be interconnected. Just planning ahead before touching actual vehicle.

Wanted to find circuit diagrams for modules for my edification.

Regards

Robert

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Robert Bentley and Bosch

Chip or MCU layout's go to respective manufacturer and download the data sheets.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I don't think erwin has detailed circuit diagrams for modules nor chip layout info.
VAG don't repair to component level just module level, hence why that level of detail isn't available.

Very probably that detail information is proprietary to the actual module manufacturer (Bosch?) with VAG just treating them as a "black box" - that's how most car manufacturers work in my experience as an automotive electronics designer.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
What MCU are you playing around with specifically on board of interest and the part number?

Photos..........?

tultalk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score

Wow. Most sites have a link to upload pics or a Help link. No list yet.

https://app.box.com/s/s026x1oj3pttaa9a3f608s6lim2jzw8w

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back