Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is J533?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is J533?

Old thread in Audiworld response by Ross-Tech *: "J533 is the CAN Gateway, integrated into the Instrument Cluster."

In what models is J533 integrated into the instrument cluster?

Will it show up on the schematic as "inside" the J285 "block"?

Thanks

Robert

* 10-8-2007 Andy@Ross-Tech
    Audiworld Premium Sponsor

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Open up WD in each application in RTFB to determine what is what or use auto-scan's to a degree to determine by part numbers displayed in software.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

J533

Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Open up WD in each application in RTFB to determine what is what or use auto-scan's to a degree to determine by part numbers displayed in software.
    Hi:

I can do that searching for J533 within the J285 block in WD for each vehicle.

Kind of thought that the Ross Tech comment (although old) indicated that this information might be readily at hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    And you need this specific information why, kind of seems like a waste of time to compile when each scan or observation of RTFB will show it?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't know about the rest of the crew, but I don't keep mental track of where a control module is (or whether it's a virtual module hiding inside another module) for every model of VW-Audi Group car ever produced.

I may happen to know it for some models, so if you have a model specific question, feel free to ask.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When wanting to know a location of a module it would be best to use WD and component finder.

As for how many or which modules embed a gateway in cluster I believe the answer is, a lot of them but not all of them.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I may happen to know it for some models, so if you have a model specific question, feel free to ask. "

A6C5 Quattro 4.2l. Various statements say J533 embedded in J285. Searched WD and could not identify anything that would support that idea. I would think that J533 would be indicated within the J285 block along with for example the radio controlled clock

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several people have posted that 2003 A6 Quattro 4.2 does not have CAN. According to WD it does.
    Also J533 in 285. Does embedded J533 provide same functionality/access as stand alone J533?
    Are the CAN-high CAN-low in J285(embedded J533) same as CAN-high CAN-low in J533 external module?

Post Thanks / Like
    Several people have posted that 2003 A6 Quattro 4.2 does not have CAN. According to WD it does.
    Also J533 in 285. Does embedded J533 provide same functionality/access as stand alone J533?
    Are the CAN-high CAN-low in J285(embedded J533) same as CAN-high CAN-low in J533 external module?
    Does it not have an internal W-CAN high/low not a bus for direct access at DLC?

Do you see a CAN twisted pair at DLC and are you sure it isn't the internal sub network among modules and don't those cars support a dual K & L line too?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...erstanding-of-!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Does it not have an internal W-CAN high/low" I din;t undderstand what a W-CAN high/low is.
    Yrs it has K & L Can't look at DLC right now.. All circuit diagrams lead me to believe it is CAN as was the 2002 butt auto scan shows no CAN (address 19). That is part of my question. Does the embedded J533 show up as address 19 CAN Gateway?