Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is J533?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tultalk
    Not a real friendly response. Are you a Ross-Teck employee or a hanger on?
    Just a fellow enthusiast (retired designer of vehicle electronic systems) trying to help you out, you need to take some calm pills.

Quote Originally Posted by tultalk View Post
    Clarification of purpose: I want to add a stand alone J533 to my 2003 which has the virtual J533 embedded in J285.
    I used to help people retrofit the RNS-E sat nav to their Audis and I do remember one person getting the newer version of the RNS-E to work in their old A6 by connecting the RNS-E to a standalone CAN gateway connected in parallel with the gateway built-in to the instrument cluster (which is what I believe is similar to what you are asking about).

As I recall they didn't have any problems resulting from fitting the additional CAN gateway, so I would suggest you try and see what happens.

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, MartinsX liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    As I recall they didn't have any problems resulting from fitting the additional CAN gateway, so I would suggest you try and see what happens.
    Thanks Will get on with it,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    NOPE just an asshole trying to help a fellow compatriot realize their laziness & lack of attention to details, do you see it?

No huh, so what is so friendly about asking the forum to purport issues for illegal unlawful content?

Did you Google it already? Well will ya? ...........

I'm sorry you believe this and doubt my intent huh?

http://www.vaglinks.com/vaglinks_com...Management.pdf

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_238.pdf

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_269_d1.pdf

https://www.snapon.com/Files/Diagnos...AZ0031B01D.pdf
    Did not mean to insult your intent.

I have looked at all these previously. It appears that the embedded 533 does not expose the the actual H/L CAN as does the external J533. Just trying to confirm as I move forward.

I of course take exception to your accusation of laziness and lack of attention to detail. There are multitudes of information out there with conflicting identities and misinformation to sort through. Not to mention lack of definition of processes including such a simple explanation of the normal wake up process for modules step by step.

Thanks for your help.

Robert

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Again:

What you want is induced FOD punishment and that is fine by me?

What is the implication here? What forced object damage? Comment makes no sense to me

Regards

Robert

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything modified from factory design is FOD Robert.

Instead of taking issue with it take it to retrofit area.

Dismissing the SSP data is foolish when seeking to know stuff.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tultalk View Post
    1. Why? Because I want to
    2. Should not pose problems?
    You can do it. No problem. What you supposed to get after doing that?
    My guess: You will check your K line devices in gateways installation list. That will not get you an autoscan [Auto-detect (CAN only) option] run faster by opening only checked devices. VCDS will only connect those devices by CAN (not even trying K line). BTDT. That's why it's called CAN gateway, not K line gateway

Instead read Myautoscan.txt file

8. Likes MartinsX, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Anything modified from factory design is FOD Robert.

Instead of taking issue with it take it to retrofit area.

Dismissing the SSP data is foolish when seeking to know stuff.
    Not dismissing the SSP data. I see it as just an overview but leads in the right direction for understanding functionality.

I have a workbench full of modules waiting to be interconnected. Just planning ahead before touching actual vehicle.

Wanted to find circuit diagrams for modules for my edification.

Regards

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jack@European_Parts;191332]That would be Erwin....
    Been there done that. 2007 oldest. Dig get subscription and downloaded a 2007 manual hoping for info I could use.
    I don't think erwin has detailed circuit diagrams for modules nor chip layout info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert Bentley and Bosch

Chip or MCU layout's go to respective manufacturer and download the data sheets.

13. Likes MartinsX liked this post