Thread: VCDS will not access modules

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS will not access modules

02 jetta 1.8t, using a ross-tech hex-can USB, first hook up my cable light will be green and when I test the cable the status: ready k1: ok, k2: ok, can: not ready. I click save, try and access a module it will time out saying no response from module. Test the interface again and it will say questionable and k1 will show short to ground. Factory radio, all fuses are good and I have updated the software. The light will be green and then go red each time the software tries to access a module. Where do I start to figure out what the issue is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's possible something is holding the K1 line (on pin 7) at some low state that prevents communications but isn't quite hard/low enough to be picked up on the initial test.

Then again, it's also possible that your interface is failing, but this strikes me as less likely.

What other cars might you have with an OBD-II socket that you can plug into to test your HEX+CAN on? They do not have to be VW/Audi products.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried to use the obd II socket on my 06 f350 and the test was ready and ok with can ready and it would read the truck or as much as it can. I believe the cable is good.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I removed the cluster this morning and tried to access modules via vcds and was able to access the abs module. Still not able to access any other module. Disconnected ccm, and then the abs module last night with no luck. With cluster in and hooked up, I try to access the radio and the radio will show "diag", and then show station until it times out but just accessing the radio doesn't ground the k line and same with the cluster. If I try instruments it will time out and not ground the k line, but when I try other modules it will ground the k line.
    Last edited by BoostedWagon; 01-12-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Moved to Car Repair Support.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes BoostedWagon liked this post