Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limp mode on transporter after engine change

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You cannot do an ECU change on a vehicle this new even if you had the PIN. A PIN is simply not sufficient. A challenge/response algorithm is required; the challenge changes with every cycle of the ignition, and the algorithm to compute the response from the challenge does not exist on the dealers' own scan tools, only on VAG's corporate servers.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

2. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    You cannot do an ECU change on a vehicle this new even if you had the PIN. A PIN is simply not sufficient. A challenge/response algorithm is required; the challenge changes with every cycle of the ignition, and the algorithm to compute the response from the challenge does not exist on the dealers' own scan tools, only on VAG's corporate servers.

-Uwe-
    Ok , maybe you misunderstand me , when i buy the used engine , the ecu to this engine whas With. But i could not use it because is not comunikation to the imobilizer. I think at the best is to could use it , but how to get that ecu to comunikation to imobilizer ecu? Som you se of the auto scan i have the code b104135 sender for oil temprature and Level. I can not delete this code , try to change the sender but the same fault. Could this do at the engine og in limp modus.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are the no one som have a tips or solution to me?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    edit: never mind

6. Likes Uwe, Zenerdiode liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind? , what that sort of answer. I whas thinking this whas a seriouse Group. if you not can answer on that i ask , so dont answer.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by senjamann View Post
    Never mind? , what that sort of answer. I whas thinking this whas a seriouse Group. if you not can answer on that i ask , so dont answer.
    that is exactly why I edited my previous comment, I mis-read/mis-understood the question/thread, and can't provide an answer for you.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post