2019 Jett SE (Mark 7) Door Auto Lock disable

gimme789

Reaction score
Has anyone de-activated the "Auto-Lock" feature on a Mark 7 ( 2019 Jetta SE) ?

Reading posts it looks like this was possible in older cars through the Convenience Module (46)

However, I believe that the Convenience module was integrated into the Safety module for Mark 7 ...… So I am
wondering if this can still be done. I think the safety module needs a password as well ???

The dealer will not do it for me.

I might purchase the necessary hardware & software if I know it can be done for sure.

Thank You
Tom, Owego NY

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm confident it can be done in the BCM (address 09), which is where the stuff that was in the CCM (address 46) got put at the Mk.6 generation already (although the Mk.7 BCMs are totally different than the Mk.6 ones were).

But I'd be real surprise if it can't be done without VCDS somewhere in the car's settings menus.

-Uwe-

gimme789

Reaction score
I'm confident it can be done in the BCM (address 09), which is where the stuff that was in the CCM (address 46) got put at the Mk.6 generation already (although the Mk.7 BCMs are totally different than the Mk.6 ones were).

But I'd be real surprise if it can't be done without VCDS somewhere in the car's settings menus.

-Uwe-

Nope - it's not available to configure in any of the user interface screens that I can find.

What does BCM stand for ?

Is there a list of Mark 7 BCM functions which can be modified via VCDS someplace ?

For some reason I think I read somewhere that it was moved again for Mark 7 (to Safety ? requires a password ?) but not sure …...

Last edited:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Back