Thread: 2019 Jett SE (Mark 7) Door Auto Lock disable

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

2019 Jett SE (Mark 7) Door Auto Lock disable

Has anyone de-activated the "Auto-Lock" feature on a Mark 7 ( 2019 Jetta SE) ?

Reading posts it looks like this was possible in older cars through the Convenience Module (46)

However, I believe that the Convenience module was integrated into the Safety module for Mark 7 ... So I am
    wondering if this can still be done. I think the safety module needs a password as well ???

The dealer will not do it for me.

I might purchase the necessary hardware & software if I know it can be done for sure.

Thank You
    Tom, Owego NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm confident it can be done in the BCM (address 09), which is where the stuff that was in the CCM (address 46) got put at the Mk.6 generation already (although the Mk.7 BCMs are totally different than the Mk.6 ones were).

But I'd be real surprise if it can't be done without VCDS somewhere in the car's settings menus.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm confident it can be done in the BCM (address 09), which is where the stuff that was in the CCM (address 46) got put at the Mk.6 generation already (although the Mk.7 BCMs are totally different than the Mk.6 ones were).

But I'd be real surprise if it can't be done without VCDS somewhere in the car's settings menus.

-Uwe-
    Nope - it's not available to configure in any of the user interface screens that I can find.

What does BCM stand for ?

Is there a list of Mark 7 BCM functions which can be modified via VCDS someplace ?

For some reason I think I read somewhere that it was moved again for Mark 7 (to Safety ? requires a password ?) but not sure …...
    Last edited by gimme789; 01-09-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    BCM = Body Control Module.

I'm guessing that's one of the ENG141654 channels but we would need to see the VCDS Auto-Scan and Adaptation function control module map from this Jetta to see which channels are used. This list (from my 2018 Golf) may be helpful if you want a list of the typical MQB Adp channels:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post139029

5. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post