2019 Golf R - "Starting Map..."

psu

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=391688
Any of you fine gentlemen know how to disable the "text input not available while vehicle in motion"?

I just want to be able to enter an address in navigation with the car in gear.

psu

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=391688
5F-->adaptations-->Locked Menu Contents and you'll see there are a bunch of items related to tuner, nav, radio, media, etc that have the value "blocked". Change to "non-blocked"

I've done all these and it unlocked a lot but I still can't enter addresses into the navigation if the car is in gear.

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
I guess this is stored in the EEPROM of the HMI. If it‘s a Discover Pro, it can be modified by other tools (known working: VCP).
VCDS is currently not capable of editing EEPROM contents, so I don’t know a way of performing this change with VCDS.

halfmillion

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=305511
I guess this is stored in the EEPROM of the HMI. If it‘s a Discover Pro, it can be modified by other tools (known working: VCP).
VCDS is currently not capable of editing EEPROM contents, so I don’t know a way of performing this change with VCDS.

Thanks for this info @TBAx!
Do you have any added information on the specific EEPROM content (i.e. position of the data to be checked) to share?

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Not right now, but VCP does have a guided function, that has a little GUI for setting various parameters.

Back