Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Interface not found

  1. #11
    VCDS Distributor Boki Ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Arandjelovac, Serbia
    Posts
    1,175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by edmands_3 View Post
    I am pretty sure I bought the interface off here? It is the only interface I have and I verified my account using that interface.
    It's hard for me to believe that account activation is possible without an valid HC number. Please wait for the admin to respond.

  2. #12
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edmands_3 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Is there an updated driver or a different driver I could try?
    Problem is not with a driver. It's your cable that vcds see as a fake and is doing it's stuff to make a pirate unhappy.

  3. Likes Uwe liked this post
  4. #13
    Unverified
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Gendan View Post
    The interface in the pictures is 100% not one sourced from Ross-Tech.
    - Ross-Tech never put a software version number on the interface as their interfaces work with the latest version
    - All genuine interfaces from the HUC onwards have a printed serial number on the label
    - Ross-Tech don't use black screws
    I guess it's probably a cloned one then. At the time I got it it was from what I thought was an official site and I paid a fair bit of money for it.

    I will wait for admin to confirm what is going on with the HC number and will buy a real one.

  5. #14
    VCDS Distributor Mike@Gendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Swansea, UK
    Posts
    596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edmands_3 View Post
    I guess it's probably a cloned one then. At the time I got it it was from what I thought was an official site and I paid a fair bit of money for it.

    I will wait for admin to confirm what is going on with the HC number and will buy a real one.
    Have you taken any Auto-Scans with that interface when it was working?
    If you've used it successfully on a recent version of the software they will have auto-saved in the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scans folder on your PC.
    If so, find the most recent one and post the contents on here.
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here.....

  6. #15
    Unverified
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately I haven't used it for a year or two and formatted my laptop trying to get it working so I don't have any auto-scans.

  7. #16
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    26,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boki Ar View Post
    It's hard for me to believe that account activation is possible without an valid HC number. Please wait for the admin to respond.
    Sometimes the admin here makes mistakes. With ~23,500 users having been checked one at a time as they joined, some errors were bound to happen.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  8. #17
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    26,368
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by edmands_3 View Post
    I am pretty sure I bought the interface off here?
    Where is "here"? Check your records please.

    The interface you posted pictures of is unquestionably a fake.

    Legitimate ones are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

    ... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php#au

    Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

    -Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

  9. #18
    Unverified
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Where is "here"? Check your records please.

    The interface you posted pictures of is unquestionably a fake.

    Legitimate ones are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

    ... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php#au

    Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

    -Uwe-
    By "here" I meant from Ross-tech, but based on what you guys have said it clearly isn't a Ross-tech cable so I must be mistaken.

    Thanks for the info, I will order a legit one.

  10. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
  11. #19
    Unverified
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest I don't even really know why I ended up with the cable I have given that I have never owned a VAG car. I originally had an old cable I got given with a Triumph race bike and was having problems with drivers and software. Ended up finding a site through Google which I thought was legit and included the software and everything but was obviously selling fakes.

  12. #20
    Verified VCDS User PetrolDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Molton, UK
    Posts
    2,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edmands_3 View Post
    Ended up finding a site through Google which I thought was legit and included the software and everything but was obviously selling fakes.
    Any site that includes English VCDS software on a CD is almost certainly selling fakes - there is no need to include English VCDS on a CD as it's free to download updates from the Ross-Tech website as long as you own a genuine cable.

  13. Likes Uwe liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •