Registering without Windows?

carbon60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383295
Good Afternoon,

I purchased a new HEX-NET from Roseland Technical Services and have successfully created the "Cloud Account" (adamsherman). But I'm not sure if this device is "registered"? I do not have access to post in the support forums area.

Did I miss a step?

Thanks,

A.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You'll need to find a Windows machine, or send it back to Roseland, who can certainly "pre-register" it for you.

-Uwe-

carbon60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383295
You'll need to find a Windows machine, or send it back to Roseland, who can certainly "pre-register" it for you.

Darn, that really takes away from the awesomeness of a platform independent system, too bad.

Can I use a friend's laptop, who is already setup with VCDS and his own (probably older) dongle? Or will that confuse his own setup?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Darn, that really takes away from the awesomeness of a platform independent system, too bad.
Yeah, we understand that. If we could ever come to terms with weird behavior of HID stuff under Mac OS, we'd publish a Mac version of VCIConfig, the utility that you need to register.

Can I use a friend's laptop, who is already setup with VCDS and his own (probably older) dongle? Or will that confuse his own setup?
Provided his VCDS is more-or-less current and up-to-date, yes, that should be no problem. You can just run VCIConfig manually on it, without ever starting VCDS, and his VCDS will never be the wiser.

Or if you do it via VCDS, once you're done, all he has to do is to run [Options] -> [Test] -> [OK] -> [Save] with his interface plugged in to let VCDS know his interface is back.

-Uwe-

carbon60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383295
I got this done using a friend's setup, seems to have worked. Now to check if I can post in the forum…

carbon60

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383295
If we could ever come to terms with weird behavior of HID stuff under Mac OS, we'd publish a Mac version of VCIConfig, the utility that you need to register.

My VCDS-Cloud account is adamsherman, is there anything else I need to do in order to become verified?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I got this done using a friend's setup, seems to have worked. Now to check if I can post in the forum…

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

Back