Current VCP user...but disappointed in support.

FLcruising

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=491789
2017 Passat SEL (NMS in USA).

I purchased VCP a few months ago due to it's supposed ability to "dig deeper" into coding and perform module parametrization, because I was led to believe that I could activate 'TJA' in A5-Front Camera. Now that I have VCP, none have been able to help me get past step (1), which is enabling "Follow to Stop" in ABS. The Passat ACC deactivates around 12mph and requires manual braking (curiously though, the owner's manual states that AEB [autonomous emergency braking] will bring vehicle to a standstill).

Support for VCP is only via ticket (email type system) or other Facebook users; both of which have come up short. Am I out of luck here with the goals for my Passat, or would VCDS help me in ways that VCP cannot?

Thanks,
Aaron

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
Agree on the support issue, and the ‘E’ in AEB means emergency, its not convenience braking.

FLcruising

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=491789
Agree on the support issue, and the ‘E’ in AEB means emergency, its not convenience braking.

I only find it curious because the ABS obviously has the ability to stop of the vehicle. Why can't it do it conveniently?

Back