Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KEY-COM Dual-K VAG-COM Dongle Interface KC110135 Rev.B problems

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation KEY-COM Dual-K VAG-COM Dongle Interface KC110135 Rev.B problems

To Whom It May Concern,

I have been trying to get my KEY-COM Dual-K VAG-COM Dongle Interface KC110135 Rev.B scanner to work with my 2001 Jetta VR6, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I am using a Ross-Tech SEC25 Serial Extension Cable - 25'(7.5m) to use with a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit computer with a serial connection. I made sure I detected and had the correct COM port for the serial connection in the Options / Port and Protocol Options and tried multiple auto scans with 9M - VW Jetta IV (1998 > 2014), but it doesn't seem to find any addresses. I also noticed the scanner tool would blink red and then go back to solid green. My device is found, but it can't seem to communicate with my vehicle. I am using the latest version of the VCDS 64-bit software 12.12.2 x64. I believe I can change the COM port to 1 on the serial port, but I didn't think it mattered as long as the correct port was chosen before scanning. There don't appear to be any IRQ conflicts with the serial port. I did not turn off the COM ports FIFO buffers, but I didn't have significant amount of time to troubleshoot because the PC was outside and it was getting ready to rain on me. Any help would be appreciated.

ToddK

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happens when you go into VCDS and hit options/test?

What is status of both K-Lines?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You're using a desktop PC? With a real serial port? Any chance the PC is over-clocked? We've seen some cases where an over-clocked desktop won't work with serial interfaces because the serial port has the same timing/clock source as the CPU, and when you change that frequency, it shifts the serial port's baud rate by the same amount.

What exactly do you get when you click [Options] -> [Test]?

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe,

Yes it is an Asrock 4coredual-sata2 r2.0 and it is overclocked about 20%. I am running an intel E5700 3.0Ghz at 3.6Ghz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Santos,

I am not at home to test it, but from memory, they were both okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Todd, how easy is it for you to get it back to normal clock speed? Is it something in the BIOS, or do you have to do something with actual hardware?

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like

Overclock

Uwe,

Yes, I can just go into the BIOS and change the FSB to 200 from 240. I'll do that when I get home tonight and update this post with my findings. Thanks Uwe and Santos
    Last edited by ToddK; 03-11-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It would be cool if you'd post the exact results you get when you do [Options] -> [Test] both overclocked and at rated speed.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do. I can't do screen captures and paste them into the body can I?
    ToddK

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    not within the forum. You can paste directly into Imgur.com (image host) then post here.