Porsche Cheyenne

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Hello,

Before I take the plunge and become involved, can VCDS do a service light reset on the above vehicles or should I send him off to the dealers?

Thanks

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
What model and Year ?
A few older Yes, newer No.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You mean a Porsche Cayenne?

Porsche models are not supported. That said, it's closely Touareg, so I can't give you a definitive answer without seeing a scan, but I will say: "Don't count on it."

-Uwe-

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
The model I don't know yet as I've not seen the car at the moment, however I did ask the other guy I work with after the event what year and he seems to think its a 66 plate.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I did ask the other guy I work with after the event what year and he seems to think its a 66 plate.

:rolleyes:

You do understand that the "plate" is utterly meaningless outside your Island Kingdom, right? And even if the rest of the world knew what it meant, we still wouldn't consider it particularly useful because it only tells us when the car was registered, not when the car was built! Thus if a car sits on a dealer's lot for a while before being sold and registered, it could easily be a model year older than the plate implies, and in the fall, it could also from a model year newer than the plate implies.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I did ask the other guy I work with after the event what year and he seems to think its a 66 plate.
We need AT LEAST the letter in the VIN that indicates the model year, as Uwe said outside of the UK the "plate" number means nothing and even in the UK doesn't indicate the model year.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Trade Member

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=271231
Not having the car at the time I have no access to the VIN, and I don't know the registration number either at this time. If the other guy brings the car in and I'm able to connect to it with VCDS, we'll see what info is recorded and go from there...

I didn't think about you guys being over the pond sorry :o

Reactions: Uwe
Back