Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Parking Brake - VCDS not working ?!

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like

Electronic Parking Brake - VCDS not working ?!

Hi,

What I'm trying to do:-

- I’m trying to release the Electric Parking Brake on my 2014 VW Golf (need to change rear brake discs)
    - I have followed the Wiki instructions – however these don’t work - link pasted for reference(http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...)_ABS_Brakes)? .

- I need some help to resolve please!

Issue faced:-

- My “Basic Settings – 04” on the ABS option is greyed out, so I cannot complete what is shown in the instructions

What I'm using :-

- Latest VCDS version (19.x.x) version and then tried an older one (see the screenshot) - but no difference.
    - I'm also using what I believe is a genuine Ross Tech Hex + CAN cable (labelled HEX+CAN Dual-K & CAN <-> USB. Interface for VCDS. Rev.B. [url]www.ross-tech.com)...or at least one that looks like it

Autoscan Results :-

I have run autoscan and the results are below – alongside this the below shows the screen suggesting some elements are missing? Please can someone help?

Code:
    Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 01-03-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don’t you just release the parking brake from the button inside? There’s no black art VCDS will bring to this. You’ll still need the twistable piston tool to push the piston inside.

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not doing this electronically destroys the electronic parking brake - you have to retract the electronic parking brake first and then use a piston tool to make space for the brake pads etc. Google explains why if it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your interface should have a serial number on it; in the format HC-XXXXXX. What is it please?

Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    Your interface should have a serial number on it; in the format HC-XXXXXX. What is it please?
    Hi, I cannot see any serial number on it - please see picture? Purchased from ebay and was marked as "genuine"...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid you've purchased a clone/pirated interface. My advice is to contact the seller and obtain a refund.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid you've purchased a clone/pirated interface. My advice is to contact the seller and obtain a refund.
    Will do - dodgy eBay seller aside - does anybody know what is wrong (as surely if the module can be read then I should be able to access basic settings...feels like a VCDS issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    By the nature that your version of VCDS is hacked, the very best results you can hope for will be unpredictable.

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Unverified
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the nature that your version of VCDS is hacked, the very best results you can hope for will be unpredictable.
    I downloaded the updates software from the Ross tech site - so assume the software is genuine?

Post Thanks / Like
    ...but your interface isn't - and the licence for the software is stored in and verified from the interface.

Please have a look here for where to obtain a genuine one, then we may help you.

13. Likes Uwe liked this post