VCDS-Mobile iOS app

JohnnyFiama

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288500
I understand this is a helper app, essentially only "discovering" the interface.

In order to get the most out of VCDS mobile it seems that you should run in infrastructure mode, the iPhone's hotspot helps with this, however in my experience the app does not scan the temporary 172.x.x.x subnet for the interface.

Does a workaround exist for this, or do you have plans to update the app? Updating the app would be preferable given its core purpose.

It certainly isn't impossible to derive the interface IP through guesswork, but the app appears to exist to give some level of slickness.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moving this to HEX-NET support.

If you don't hear anything further, I suggest bumping this thread sometime during the first full week of January when everyone is back from holiday break.

-Uwe-

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Happens the same with me. As a work around, search for the free version of 'iNet - Network Scanner' on the App Store and run a network scan whilst you HEX-NET is connected to the Hotspot. XXX.XXX.XXX.1 is the host (iPhone) and the other address will be your HEX-NET. You may then open a Safari page and manually type the 172... address.

Note to self - must address that SD Critical error...

aSq8gMq.png

vejYrxD.png

SY3XHFC.png

JohnnyFiama

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288500
Happens the same with me. As a work around, search for the free version of 'iNet - Network Scanner' on the App Store and run a network scan whilst you HEX-NET is connected to the Hotspot. XXX.XXX.XXX.1 is the host (iPhone) and the other address will be your HEX-NET. You may then open a Safari page and manually type the 172... address.

Perfect, thanks! I was struggling to find a tool that scans the iOS bridge interface.

I am still interested to hear what the VCDS-Mobile developers have to say regarding this, if possible it would be good to see an updated app.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Perfect, thanks! I was struggling to find a tool that scans the iOS bridge interface.

I am still interested to hear what the VCDS-Mobile developers have to say regarding this, if possible it would be good to see an updated app.
Indeed, it would. :)

But the fact that you were "struggling to find a tool that scans the iOS bridge interface" is somewhat telling, isn't it?

-Uwe-

JohnnyFiama

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288500
Indeed, it would. :)

But the fact that you were "struggling to find a tool that scans the iOS bridge interface" is somewhat telling, isn't it?

-Uwe-

I do concede this may not be straight forward, and I'm unclear what discovery method the app uses (which could be a complicating factor). Fingers crossed that your guys and girls have some bright ideas :)

romad

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208765

I use Fing. But then it is just copy and paste. On my Macs I have the address bookmarked for future use.

gawied

Developer
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Please confirm that you are using VCDS-Mobile Version 1.07. This update addresses various compatibility issues with iOS 13 - like retrieving WiFI SSID and Dark mode UI.

I have seen it working correctly when both the iPhone and HN are connected to the same WiFi Infrastructure, but it seems your issue is when your HN is connected to the iPhone's hotspot. Correct?

We will test this in the coming week and let you know.

Reactions: Uwe

gawied

Developer
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Hi JohnnyFiama and Zenerdiode

We manage to replicate the hotspot issue and are busy testing a fix for it.
Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Gawie

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
last time I was try to use my Hex NET , on the bench , w/o gateway .....
from PC software - I can connect cluster directly (UDS cluster)
but from Mobile APP - I can not
:confused:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
last time I was try to use my Hex NET , on the bench , w/o gateway .....
from PC software - I can connect cluster directly (UDS cluster)
but from Mobile APP - I can not
:confused:
AP Mode?
Infrastructure Mode?
- Both phone and HEX-NET connected to a WiFi router?
- Or using hotspot on phone?
Did you try pointing a browser directly at the IP address of the HN?

-Uwe-

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
99% it was AP mode via Android
i will look that again this evening

gawied

Developer
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
The VCDS-Mobile App, with a fix for the hotspot fixes, has been tested and approved by Apple. The update should roll out through the normal App Store updates.

Please give it a try and let us know.

JohnnyFiama

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288500
Hi JohnnyFiama and Zenerdiode

We manage to replicate the hotspot issue and are busy testing a fix for it.
Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Gawie

You guys are pretty awesome :)

Thank you for investigating, and pushing out a fix so quickly (also apologies for my recent absence on this thread).

Back