Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 NAR GTI Rabbit MIB2.5 Retrofit Completed. Have some 5F leftover errors.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^Michael: Bummer!!!

Moral of the story: always, every time, on every occasion, without fail - make a FULL admap of the old module when replacing modules!!

Don
    I know! Lesson learned.

Let me see if I can find someone who can make me a stock 2019 GTI Rabbit 5F admap.
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

2. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe search results for EV_MUEnt4CGen2LGE are going to help. I know you'd prefer to work with non-wagon data but I have that (terrible) factory head unit:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post139047

There's a google folder linked in post #1 and I can run new ones with a current version (but I have tweaked a few things menu wise after that baseline was captured).

Edit, I bumped this up with a request: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post188186
    Last edited by Dana; 01-09-2020 at 04:18 PM.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Dana: With the greatest of respect and with absolutely no ill intention - I suspect that you may be telling a small porkie in your post by claiming that what's in the code-tags is .CSV information

difficult to import into MS Access using my admap compare macros if data not actual .CSV format. Do you have a real .CSV file?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Don,

Those are the native file names (copied from the properties of each file and pasted above each post) but they were pasted in plain text to the thread. The originals live in the Google Drive link of post #1 (and I should have them backed up via e-mail if it won't download for you).

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Dana: thanks - I'm reminded of my art teacher's constant harangue, now so many years ago: "Don - you look, but you don't see"!! It was the memory of those sage words (and a palpable lack of artistic talent) that resulted in my ritual burning of my art equipment!! I hope that the same never happens to my trusted VCDS dongle

Don

9. Likes Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael:

You can download my hex 5F compare spreadsheet HERE - I suggest that you not view it on dropbox because of formatting problems.

To explain the spreadsheet:
    • I've compared the hex5F settings for your new hex5F unit and the unit in Dana's Alltrack S
    • There are no adaptation channels in Dana's unit that don't also appear in your hex5F module ( a very good thing!)
    • The column headings are self explanatory - I hope, but I suggest that you concentrate on the fourth column (titled "same?") in the first instance
    • I've sorted the data by this fourth column - the channels that have the value "No" are those channels whose settings differ between the 2 x modules
    • As you can see, there are 188 x channels that have a "No" entry. These are of 2 x types: those channels that appear in both modules (and the settings differ) and those channels that only appear in your new module

Don

11. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a CSV admap, in raw CSV form, for a stock, 2019, manual transmission, US model Rabbit Edition, before I made any coding or adaptation changes:

https://gist.github.com/kshultzCB/de...3d03332e7cbfdb

If you've never used GitHub gists before, and have trouble copy/pasting this, just click on the "Raw" button up near the top right corner of the file, and you'll get a version without any UI elements.
    Karl in NC
    2019 VW GTI Rabbit Edition 6MT
    2016 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus

13. Likes Dana, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^Karl: well done and thanks!!

Michael: Updated compare spreadsheet containing both Dana & Karl's admap data HERE (same link as in my previous post)

Don

15. Likes w124_karl liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael:

You can download my hex 5F compare spreadsheet HERE - I suggest that you not view it on dropbox because of formatting problems.

To explain the spreadsheet:
    • I've compared the hex5F settings for your new hex5F unit and the unit in Dana's Alltrack S
    • There are no adaptation channels in Dana's unit that don't also appear in your hex5F module ( a very good thing!)
    • The column headings are self explanatory - I hope, but I suggest that you concentrate on the fourth column (titled "same?") in the first instance
    • I've sorted the data by this fourth column - the channels that have the value "No" are those channels whose settings differ between the 2 x modules
    • As you can see, there are 188 x channels that have a "No" entry. These are of 2 x types: those channels that appear in both modules (and the settings differ) and those channels that only appear in your new module

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by w124_karl View Post
    Here's a CSV admap, in raw CSV form, for a stock, 2019, manual transmission, US model Rabbit Edition, before I made any coding or adaptation changes:

https://gist.github.com/kshultzCB/de...3d03332e7cbfdb

If you've never used GitHub gists before, and have trouble copy/pasting this, just click on the "Raw" button up near the top right corner of the file, and you'll get a version without any UI elements.
    ^^^^Karl: well done and thanks!!

Michael: Updated compare spreadsheet containing both Dana & Karl's admap data HERE (same link as in my previous post)

Don
    Thank you, everyone! I am just seeing this now. Not sure why I never received an e-mail notification for post responses. Going to have a look at all this and report my findings.
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!