Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS coding/calibration

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myounus View Post
    You put in your current coding as that is what your car is set to.
    Ok. Thanks for all the help!... the code will be the really long one, the one below? Or is there something inside the coding tab?

"Coding: B14B240C512208FE8D0E24E88A1F1061A70000"

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep that's the coding. But also as I stated you need to make an adaptation map. That will tell you (in simple terms) the 'other' settings for the module.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got it! Adaption map for ABS module has been made. Thanks again!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following the discussion between you and myounus and would like to learn more. I've read in the wiki that you can set a replacement module coding with existing coding using the raw hex in an adaptation map. Are you doing the same thing? This is the steps that I've understood so far in order to replace a module:
    1. you create an adaptation map using data from your old module using VCDS Controller Channel Map (in Raw Hex output)
    2. you swap the old module with the new one
    3. you go again to the Controller Channel Map in VCDS enter the module address
    4. Choose Function = Restore Adaptation and Choose Output = Raw Hex (I assume VCDS will able to detect the whereabout of the created raw hex file)
    5. Click Go and the new module is all coded as it should be.

Are the above correct or am I missing anything? Is there precaution before I can disconnect a module from its connector and replacing it? Will appreciate your answer.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990loyale View Post
    Ok. Thanks for all the help!... the code will be the really long one, the one below? Or is there something inside the coding tab?

"Coding: B14B240C512208FE8D0E24E88A1F1061A70000"
    When or at what stage do we need to enter this long coding? Is this the same as restoring the raw hex?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually curious now myself to being able to just upload the adaption map to restore coding for the new module. Is that a possible thing to do?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't advise using this function as software differences in different modules/revisions and paramaterisation affects the line items being transferred back to the module. It only takes a couple of minutes to update each adaptation list manually.
    The only pain however is the newer BCM's that have around 2000 channels!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to be clear before I swap this thing, i dont want to mess anything up.... I got the long code, then there is more coding inside the coding tab. Where will i get that from? Will that be inside that AdMap I made for the abs module?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you've already got the long code and made a copy of the admap. If it makes it more comfortable for you go into the 10 adaptations section and screenshot every page - this is the same as an admap. You can post your admap on here if you like. Once you've swapped the module you'll have to run some basic settings after coding. 04 basic settings.
    If you get stuck or have any issues we are here to help.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, screenshoting it does sound a bit easier than running threw the map. Lol... I will definitely give it a shot, if I get to a point where I'm stuck, I'll definitely be back here for more help! I dont have a thing that opens PLA and PLB files to really read threw the map. But thank you for everything!