Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retrofitted heated steering wheel A6 C7 not working

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the exact same problem but changing "joker" to something different doesn't help. Heating works from VCDS but I'm unable to activate it using wheel button.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil View Post
    I've got the exact same problem but changing "joker" to something different doesn't help. Heating works from VCDS but I'm unable to activate it using wheel button.
    Interesting, it seems that the button not turns on the heating in the steering wheel electronics directly and some other module needs to know that there are a heated SW and command it on.
    Once I pushed the button it said heating off, that's a bit strange..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think more coding is needed in module 08-Auto HVAC?

I think it is the module 08-Auto HVAC that will detect that the button is pressed and send a signal to the 16-steering wheel to turn on heat. At the same time the same module would send heating on/off to instruments.

Unfortunately, much of the coding at HVAC is undocumented and I feel it a bit risky to just try different coding..

Anyone having any ideas about this?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it's HVAC coding - I've got it coded in and it still doesn't work.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've done heated steering wheel swaps (4 now) on 2015+ Q7 4Ms, and all that is involved here is swapping the Steering Control Unit (Module 16), adding in the power wire for the heating, 10amp fuse and then disabling the Joker/Jocker coding in Both Module 17 (Instruments) and 5F Adaption Channels (MIB2).

Then set the temp of the heated wheel to 34oC in the Adaption channel in Module 16 (Only available in the steering control units that are capable of heated steering of course). There isnt even any long coding in Module 16 on the MLBEvo Q7 4Ms...

No other coding anywhere in any other modules.

No Green Engineering Menu changes are needed either

I know yours is 2014, so possibly different, but thought this may help none the less

Thanks

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I know more. I hade 4H0953568M and changed the electronic part to one from 4H0953568H and now it's working!
    Both have SW 0005, but H has HW H05 and M has HW H06.
    4H0953568M can not be controlled via a button at the steering wheel, it is for Touareg and should bee controlled via MMI.

4H0953568M are sold as fitting Audi on eBay and it does except for maneuvering the heating..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud View Post
    I've done heated steering wheel swaps..
    Thanks!
    Is it obvious where to disable joker coding?

Regards
    Mats

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil View Post
    I don't think it's HVAC coding - I've got it coded in and it still doesn't work.
    Do you know your HW and SW codes in steering wheel electronics? Your problem seems like mine!