OK, when you have some more time, do the following with the Beta please:

Physically connect to the car
    Start VCDS
    [Options]
    Set Debug Level to 1024
    [Apply]
    [Auto-Scan]
    [Gateway Installation List]
    [Close] (you don't need to copy or save anything)

Then look in the Debug Sub-Folder; with the Beta it's likely to be C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS-Beta\Debug\

There you should find a file named Debug-GVL.dlm (or something very close to that). Please e-mail it to us; Support@... Please include a link to this thread in the body of the mail.

Thanks!

-Uwe-
    I did the scan, and ended up with a bunch of DLM files, Named Debug01-A5 etc, there is no GVL file. The only oddly named one is DEBUG-INST.DLM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, sorry, that was a brain-fart. DEBUG-INST is the one we want, and I see it's in the ZIP you sent. Thank you!
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Post Thanks / Like
    The
    Quote Originally Posted by fibrizo View Post
    Granted the badge says quattro, and it has a 2.0 engine, and all 2.0T A3 2015s in the US are quattro only. But it may be a unicorn car? I always believed it was AWD, and I've noticed very little wheelspin compared to the GTI, but I guess I have no definitive proof either.
    I very much doubt you've been sold a lemon but it's easy enough to do a visual check if you want peace of mind.

Just stick your head under the car and look for the presence of a propshaft running from the engine (gearbox / transfer box) at the front to a diff at the back, plus driveshafts running from a rear diff to each of the rear wheels. If they're present you definitely have a Quattro

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    The

I very much doubt you've been sold a lemon but it's easy enough to do a visual check if you want peace of mind.

Just stick your head under the car and look for the presence of a propshaft running from the engine (gearbox / transfer box) at the front to a diff at the back, plus driveshafts running from a rear diff to each of the rear wheels. If they're present you definitely have a Quattro
    Oh the physical components could be there, but what if the haldex controller wasn't working? I'm going to look today now that it's light out. I was just entertaining all options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe is just regular 4wd like Audi A6 with out Haldex system.You have to have Haldex on rear Diff to be able to access it, first thing you need to do check do you have it or not.

Other solution is this:
    Did you try go direct to Contrleer-22?
    Also you can go to Can gateway and see installation list, and see is it Controller -22 checked ( Please do not change anything just check)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Guys, stand by please. Crawling under the car in this weather would be premature. We do believe the car has a Haldex, and we suspect Audi changed some things about how it it's enumerated.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: From reports from the Nerdery, it appears that 22 exists in this vehicle so don't crawl under the car. :-) While a fix is being worked upon, please try (using Beta 15.1.0) going into Select then type in 22 in the Direct Entry box on the bottom left and click [Go!]. Please let us know the results.

8. Likes Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    Maybe is just regular 4wd like Audi A6 with out Haldex system.You have to have Haldex on rear Diff to be able to access it, first thing you need to do check do you have it or not.
    All the Quattro A3's use the pretend 4WD Haldex system as do the Q3 and TT. The real 4WD Torsen diff is only used on the Quattro A4-A8, Q5 & Q7.

10. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Update: From reports from the Nerdery, it appears that 22 exists in this vehicle so don't crawl under the car. :-) While a fix is being worked upon, please try (using Beta 15.1.0) going into Select then type in 22 in the Direct Entry box on the bottom left and click [Go!]. Please let us know the results.
    I did last night, I tried manually accessing module 22, and it told me no response from controller. (I selected from the menu tab, but if it's different to directly type 22, I can try that later)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryM View Post
    All the Quattro A3's use the pretend 4WD Haldex system as do the Q3 and TT. The real 4WD Torsen diff is only used on the Quattro A4-A8, Q5 & Q7.
    Preach on, brother!

Jason