320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
Hello!

Hope my message finds you well!
Here I am asking for your expert help again.

I have a VW Golf 7R with a MIB 2 Headunit - Discovery Pro.
After some adaptations required to fit the virtual cluster / active info display I no longer am able to select Automatic day / night changes in the Setup menu, therefore my navigation map - both in the active info cluster display and on the MIB screen is no longer changing colors from white (during daylight) to black (during night).
I also noticed that when I have my headlights on AUTO my headlights are ON all the time!
It no longer matters whether it is night or day, headlights are on all the time.

The setting I mentioned above is usually found via "Menu -> Setup -> Screen -> and under screen settings" as indicated in the attached print-screens found here:

https://ibb.co/4YBWL1r
https://ibb.co/xXttpkf

Any idea how to re-enable it and set it back, please?
As this option is currently missing in my case, and I did have it before the virtual cockpit installation.
Thank you!

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Under ross-tech\vcds\debug there's logs from adaptation and coding changes you've done. I would start to backtrace from there what was done and how to restore it.

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^hmm....might also be prudent to post-up an auto-scan of the car (it's normal practice when seeking help on the forum so folk can see what equipment is fitted to the car)- please.

Don

320i24vv

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=304666
Hello! Thank you! I will surely do a scan and post it, as I currently don't have any up to date scans that include the active info display clocks.
But I noticed that in the "view" option of the map I have the map set to "Auto". I do have there the option, but I am missing it under "menu - > screen".
And despite that, my headlights are on all the time.
@downtime, thank you very much. really helpful info. i did not know that. will surely look into it.

Back