Thread: AM Radio change to 10kHz on the RCD330

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

AM Radio change to 10kHz on the RCD330

Hello,

I'm very new to the VCDS as well as the RNS510 and RCD330 swap. Is VCDS capable of reprogramming the RCD330 to utilize 10kHz steps vs the 9kHz steps it shipped with?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it's a limitation for the RCD330, it only supports 9kHz steps as it's designed for the Chinese market.

At least I'm not aware of any lcode or adaption changes that make it possible to change from 9kHz to 10kHz steps :/

3. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^g33bs53: Hi. I'm not specifically familiar with the RCD330 unit, and I've no doubt that langers2K sage advice is true, but sometimes the station separation frequency can be selected via a physical link on the main PC board - maybe?

Again, it really depends on the manufacturer and I'm not sure about this particular radio, but if the housing cover is readily removable, it might be worth a peek - perhaps?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^g33bs53: Hi. I'm not specifically familiar with the RCD330 unit, and I've no doubt that langers2K sage advice is true, but sometimes the station separation frequency can be selected via a physical link on the main PC board - maybe?

Again, it really depends on the manufacturer and I'm not sure about this particular radio, but if the housing cover is readily removable, it might be worth a peek - perhaps?

Don

PS: @langers2K: "Chinese market? - hmm.... might be more accurate to call it the "world market (except for the American continent)" - vven Australia changed to the "World standard". Doesn't matter now because AM has lost-out to competition from DAB and FM (much better dynamic response)!!
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)