Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi A3 8L and new used instrument problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by V3lmu View Post
    01336 - Company Data Bus for Comfort System
    37-00 - Faulty
    Have you checked wiring diagrams to determine everywhere this bus goes?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    How did you qualify the wiring?

We checked the above points visually as much as could be seen from the wires, connectors and fuses.

We do not have car electric workshop tools.

Have you checked wiring diagrams to determine everywhere this bus goes?
    Unfortunately, we are not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you need to login to erWin and get the wiring diagrams for your A3.

The wiring tools you need are simple, and should be found in any decent motor factors - and there will be a lot of people in Oulu who have them (ex-Nokia people I am thinking - I visited Oulu over 50 times whilst I worked for Nokia Networks).

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to write a post about my previous post there. After all, the car had a retrofit player (Pioneer 1-din).

Maybe the code I suspect comes from that.

Immo 3 Audi vehicles typically use adaptation channels 060, 061 and 062 for the internal installation list since they do not have address 19-CAN Gateway. If in question, run a complete Adaptation Control Module Map with the old module installed.
    I read those instructions again and was told to check channels 060, 061 and 062. I did not check these before adjusting to the new instrument panel. What information do you get from these channels? and it is important check this channel?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    We tried to adjust the instrument cluster again. Before the instrument cluster operation returned to factory settings after which the instrument adjustment and key adjustment. Unfortunately, this did not work either.
    We tried to adjust the instrument cluster with IMMO 2 instructions, but it failed.

We are thinking with the owner that
    - Will the original instrument cluster be repaired?
    - Can I transfer data from the old instrument cluster to the new used instrument cluster?
    - Immobilizer bypass

These 060, 061 and 062 channels have now also been studied, but no information is available from them.

What would be the easiest and cheapest solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the voltage was low in the more recent scans dated Saturday,07,March,2020. Immo matching can fail (or get goofy) under 12V so make sure a battery charger is connected when you are performing the Adaptation steps.

Also, make sure you were firstly matching the used cluster per the Immo 3 page prior to attempting to match original keys. If the Engine -and- Instrument cluster do not share the same VIN and serial number due to a failed matching attempt then keys will not program.

Next, those Adp channels are documented in our German label file and I'm reasonably confident that 060 (at the least) would be used. I'll paste the native text here so you can paste it into a translator if needed:

Code:
    A060,0,Verbauliste Datenbus Antrieb
    A060,5,Verbauliste Datenbus Antrieb
    A060,6,00000 = Motor und Kombiinstrument (Wegfahrsperre II)
    A060,7,01025 = Motor und Kombiinstrument (Wegfahrsperre III)
    A060,8,01027 = Motor und Automatikgetriebe sowie Kombiinstrument (Wegfahrsperre III)
    ;
    A061,0,Verbauliste Datenbus Komfort
    A061,5,Verbauliste Datenbus Komfort (nur Kombiinstrument Midline)
    A061,6,+00256 = Kombiinstrument (nur zusammen mit Radio oder Telefon)
    A061,7,+04096 = Radio (ab MJ 2002)
    A061,8,+08192 = Telefon (Festeinbau)
    ;
    A62,0,Verbauliste Datenbus Infotainment
    A62,5,Verbauliste Datenbus Infotainment (nur Kombiinstrument Highline)
    A62,6,+01 = Radio (ab MJ 2002)
    A62,7,+04 = Navigation
    A62,8,+08 = Telematik (Rest der Welt) ohne Multifunktionslenkrad (MFL)
    A62,9,+10 = Telematik (Rest der Welt) mit Multifunktionslenkrad (MFL)
    Please let us know if all 3 of them shown an Error without a stored value in the lower left corner.

Lastly, when things aren't working as planned I often recommend reinstalling all original parts and making the car start/run again. At that point it doesn't hurt to try re-matching one of the original keys to confirm the value in MVB 022.4 changed from the original value to a new value of only 1. Doing so should help rule out the possibility that there's a communication issue between VCDS and/or the PC and the car. It also helps confirm that the original PIN is giving you proper access to the needed Immo channels.

In regards to
    Quote Originally Posted by V3lmu View Post
    - Can I transfer data from the old instrument cluster to the new used instrument cluster?
    That's the best option and it should have transferred using the Immo 3 cluster swapping steps.

Using 3rd party tools to write the old cluster data directly into the used unit works in some cases but I managed to create a temporary cluster paperweight playing EEPROM games due to a hardware level difference in a VDO cluster many years ago so ... I would consider that a last resort. It shouldn't be necessary (and we cannot offer support for those steps in this forum).

8. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem solved.

The car electronics workshop will copy the data from the original instrument cluster to the new used instrument cluster. Then the instrument cluster installation and everything works.

However, this remains a mystery as to why this did not succeed with instructions. Would it be the spirit of the world thing?

10. Likes Dana liked this post