Thread: A8 Coding Seat

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

A8 Coding Seat

Hi.

I have problem with coding seat in A8 4E . I swap car from Right hand drive to left hand drive . I change coding in car in all device but when i change it i have one fault in driver seat and passanger seat - coding pin. In seat VCDS dont have coding helper . Anyone can help recode seat from RHD to LHD ?

Thanks in advence

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "Coding Pin" generally means that there is a pin on the control module that determine the application -- coding via hardware. Some pin pulled to GND (or +12?) on one application and not in another.

But please [https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?101]post an Auto-Scan[/url] so people can see exactly what parts you are dealing with.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes mattylondon, qplanetq, myounus liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, can confirm what Uwe said. Also the the seat modules in the 4E have component protection.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
    Yes, can confirm what Uwe said. Also the the seat modules in the 4E have component protection.
    In car i have oryginal modules . Dont raplace from other car . CP is OK

Tomorrow i put Autoscan . But i change module side . Swap Left module to right side and vice versa Right seat module to left side . All function works ok but when i open car via key 1 or key 2 the driver seat dont move to user settings and i have this fault - Coding pin