Parking assist retrofit and push start button

nikopk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386424
hi, guys looking for some help, I have 2008 a6 c6 Quattro 4.2L, I would like to install parking sensors the car came without sensors, I am wondering if I can take the parking sensors from donor car 2006 a6 c6 3.2L does anyone know what I need to make retrofit into my car,

what do I need to take off from the donor car apart form the sensors and Park Driver Assist Module 4F0919283B
does every car have the wiring installed from the factory and ready to add the pieces together and make this work? or do I need pull the wiring from the donor car too that run from the front all the way to the back where the module will be located form my understanding so far it sits next to the navigation system

I would also like to add the star push button ...can this be done since my car did not come with parking sensors and push start
I just bought the vcds cable from Ross tech too as I hear I need to code it

any help is greatly appreciated thank you

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please post a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan (see my signature for a How-To link) with your new VCDS cable - this will show what modules are currently fitted to your car, which will help suggesting what you need to add for your retrofits.

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
As is usual, VW/Audi is the master of having not an inch of unused wiring in their vehicles. So definetly running appropriate wires is in order. As for getting wiring from a donor, usually parking sensor bumper harnesses can be obtained in a reasonable way but the rest of parking assist wiring is integrated in the vehicle's larger wiring bundles and unless you gut it out of the donor and seperate the wires...I'd buy a refrofit harness for it.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
As is usual, VW/Audi is the master of having not an inch of unused wiring in their vehicles. So definetly running appropriate wires is in order. As for getting wiring from a donor, usually parking sensor bumper harnesses can be obtained in a reasonable way but the rest of parking assist wiring is integrated in the vehicle's larger wiring bundles and unless you gut it out of the donor and seperate the wires...I'd buy a refrofit harness for it.

I second that. I would advise you to buy a ready made retrofit kit from the internet as you will need other parts that you may not have thought about, e.g. buzzers, sensor holders (yes these have to be fitted also), connectors, pins (these are a nightmare), tesa tape, cable ties, etc.
I've retrofitted park assist twice to cars which already had parking sensors and that was almost a total re-wire of the parking system.

Back