Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A3 electrics went mental and car died

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did mate. Even got another identical fuse box and part number. Still the same. I’ve checked every plug I can just not even attempting to start just crank and beeping dash

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartwhite1989 View Post
    I did mate. Even got another identical fuse box and part number. Still the same. I’ve checked every plug I can just not even attempting to start just crank and beeping dash
    Stuart - it's kinda hard to suggest things to try when it feels like you're "drip feeding" us with the history of this problem. I suggest that it would help if you could post a "blow by blow" history of how the problem happened (details please) and step-by-step what you've done to try and fix the problem.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I brought the car from a friend and had gone through 3 steering racks in 4 months. He was sick of it so I brought for cheap run around. Throws torque sensor fault and shuts steering off now and then I just reset it as only to get to and from work. I caught a puddle nearside on way to work as lot of water come off field. Got to work and switched off but engine stayed running untill door opened. Thought ignition barrel. It then wouldn’t switch off when I got home at all so stalled it and left it. Engine fan was coming on all night draining battery. Turns out the seal was gone on fuse box engine bay. I stripped it down cleaned water and corrosion put back together was all good. Washed the car on the Friday and underneath engine as no guards thought I’d clean the crap under. Drove home all fine. Left it there weekend then went to start it started and cut out like it does with wrong key immo kicking in then got the beeping and oil level steering like in the video in first post. I soaked wd40 into fuse box to disperse any water and after 3 attempts it started but all the waning stayed on dash. Driving to my lockup to repair it the rev and speedo up and down engine cut in and out then completely dies. I stripped fuse box dried and tried no joy. Ordered another fuse box same part no still no joy. Unplugged everything 1 at a time tried starting after each still no joy. It just throws traction control light steering fault beeps. Cranky and not even trying to catch where before it would start and stop

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks - that should help the experts

Post Thanks / Like
    Water in the oil level sensor plug can certainly cause the "oil level warning" and the "stop engine now" alarms - ask me how I know The Mrs abandoned the car at the end of our road

There's not going to be much anybody can do remotely for this thing - it's going to be a lot of testing and trial and error.

That video could be many things, but it could easily be a power supply issue - a bunch of lights will come up when a module reboots. It could be ignition switch, relays, J519, battery terminals, earths, corroded connections etc. You're going to need a wiring diagram, I'd say
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bloody car. Is wiring diagram another word for can of fuel and a match. Before long this car is going to meet the big metal claw

9. Likes NZDubNurd, PetrolDave liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would a problem with power steering cause electric fault not to start. I clear faults. I read with snap on solid this time and all that keeps coming back is steering assist faults.
    00573 steering torque sensor g269 electric problem in circuit.
    01312 power train
    00003 control module malfunction
    00750 warning lamp trouble codes.
    01314 engine control module no signal/ no communication

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    In instrument cluster I have 00562 sensor for oil short with ground
    00381 data is instrument cluster malfunction
    00003 control module malfunction