Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: IT'S IN THE MAILBOX or IS IT?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    I'm in tears, laughing. Oh my god... this is brilliant.
    Jack, did you seriously over-over-over engineer a mailbox? Seriously?
    michel: Like my therapist, I'm sure Jack will permit a slightly deranged Antipodean his undisciplined mental meanderings - but I can't help thinking that Jack might have a second job as a design engineer at ACME enterprise!!!

Jack: no offense intended but for some reason this came to mind - does a small furry creature who is fond of eating carrots drive the offending snowplow?

Don

PS: I do like your welds - I'm green with envy (I wish I could weld like that - I'm a hopeless welder)!!
    Last edited by DV52; 12-16-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, NZDubNurd liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Genius .....!

I'm so smart I forgot why I'm here!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Jack: Your video link reminded me that my two best-est characters ever in cartoons was originally Wile E. Coyote (when I was young) and later in life, Kenneth "Kenny" McCormick of South Park fame.

As I get older I'm also reminded that I want to be just like both of them - because they never die!!

Don

5. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update to base rotor config built process, fasteners & in ground to be set at dusk.

I'm thinking about this.......

Yup lets weld it

Okay lets add some studs welded in and time to other rotor + Balance

That box next to rotor was cookies from Mike...... Thanks Mike!

Okay now lets cut studs .......

Time to lug the water and quickcrete to the road and check parameters for camber or is it toe Oh IDK maybe caster to 17K

Okay dump bag in hole and add the rocks + dump water it's a wrap!

Now it's time for nature to do its part & since it warmed up last couple days!

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

7. Likes Uwe, Eric, NZDubNurd, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: still more steel (too much is never enough)!!!

What is the total weight of the jack-in-the-mail-box?

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    The Mail box comports with US Mail and it is not my design.

So far the pole will be much lighter than the average 4x4 wooden post.

The rotor in ground and second rotor is set with break away fasteners & so it will shear if hit directly and leave rotors set to the ground.

The addition of a bottom fold over flange and rest spring to hold it down inside the pipe will permit a complete collapse of pole too as safety device.
    I'm building safety mechanisms into as much that can be done for function and usefulness.

Trying to exercise my consciousness to not be a 737 MAX scandal.

10. Likes Eric, PetrolDave, DV52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay additional ideas and improvements.

Sodium hydroxide solution rust protected the rotor quick, maybe I will parkerize it.

Dampening adjustment superior.......

TEST fit check.....

Check power hold

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I hate to say this but that arm on the outside detracts from the previous elegant appearance.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed but it is more functional for the weight and it can change plus rebound is adjustable in both directions.

I may do a sprocket with chain idea from a 1.8T/VR6 etc. inside the tube or a linkage rod from old A1- A2 or A3's for the shift linkage that always used to break have tons of those.

Right now have to make mail Lady happy.......

Night rider...........

I went back up and stuck A1 wheel bolt caps on the 17MM hex nuts + grease.......

14. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cool thing with metal is you can always but it back with the welder .............there are no mistakes in development!

Plus Eric out in CA was busting my balls about wanting to see the snow plow throw shit at it and right now is no snow.......

16. Likes Uwe, Santos liked this post