Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IT'S IN THE MAILBOX or IS IT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    PS: We don't have such things on our letter-boxes down here - but I notice the top part is missing the "little flag" that I've seen so often in US television shows. I never quite understood the purpose of the flag (perhaps to indicate the position of the letterbox to the postman- Shirely not?) but given the bells-and-whistles on your creation, why not include one - perhaps?
    The flag, when raised, indicates to the post man that you have placed out-going mail in the box for him to pick up.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don........yeah red flag is there, it's too tell the USPS to stop and pickup post inside to ship out when the flag is UP!

Okay measure offset from base & drill hole in pipe & weld nut on using bolt to center and with good heat penetration.

Cute and shape scrap square stock in prior photos to inside diameter of pipe.

Drill other hole and establish center-line to verify threads using scrap VAG Hex 10MM bolt!

WARNING!
    Don't ever work like this unless you are willing to pay the price of injury!
    Keep in mind like an asshole, I'm working very confident and dangerous, sort of like working circuits HOT!
    This thing is so well balanced I'm doing all free hand including welding in my arrogance, this is the way of the Majestic!

Mock up strut mount offset again more old junk being re-purposed! I insist on leaving the dust and grime from spirit of the parts useful too!

Now we are getting dangerous with confidence BALANCE maintained bitch!

Calculating offset and Bolt to consider.

Yup this is it gonna go for the welder, that's what lock and wave washers are for!

More BALANCE mount rotor time.

LANDED WITH IMPACT!

TURN IT OVER!

TEST!

Attached Images Attached Images
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes Uwe, Eric, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ I didn't know that !! So in America, the postman picks-up mail as well as delivers it? What a great idea - and all done with a simple semaphore.

Why doesn't Australia post do the same thing (rhetorical question)?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^^ I didn't know that !! So in America, the postman picks-up mail as well as delivers it? What a great idea - and all done with a simple semaphore.

Why doesn't Australia post do the same thing (rhetorical question)?

Don
    We have that in NZ, though it's only a "thing" in rural areas - Urban folk generally don't have flags.
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

7. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    We have that in NZ, though it's only a "thing" in rural areas - Urban folk generally don't have flags.
    True here as well, although I believe if you catch the mailman on his rounds and have outgoing mail that he reasonably can take, he must.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weld flange on to top of pole and screw plate to bottom of old mailbox with scrap + a little paint.

Hand truck up too test fit location.....

Looks like I'm gong to get another rotor and make an inverted base plate with some cement for the final install.

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes DV52, Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay back inside to contemplate base plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in tears, laughing. Oh my god... this is brilliant.
    Jack, did you seriously over-over-over engineer a mailbox? Seriously?

14. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, Santos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in tears, laughing. Oh my god... this is brilliant.
    Jack, did you seriously over-over-over engineer a mailbox? Seriously?

LOL

I had too, it's therapeutic and I think it has some practicality.

Cars have been boring and the news in the industry or news in general is just so negative.

While I was hand trucking it back in a few minutes ago......... I started thinking, maybe I should just put it up when I want mail and bring it in at night.

The dam snow is coming again tonight, but at least the state plow truck can't get what isn't there right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cars moved over for snow plowing it's getting dark..........man cant wait for Equinox.

Hole is dug ........

Time to go home and make chicken soup.........

\

17. Likes Uwe liked this post