Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IT'S IN THE MAILBOX or IS IT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/am-i-liable-for-a-vandals-injury-if-i-reinforce-my-2285409.html

https://www.masson.us/blog/ct-of-app...-for-injuries/

WTF .........Yes LOL huge liability if someone is hurt by it when they crash into it.

Corn tooth style, mine will have to do it's dance!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

5. Likes Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Door shock installed is new since cheap & mounted on bottom of pipe and old VAG E-Brake cable to make use of more old JUNK to fasten to upper flange.

7. Likes Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay now to sort the rotor to lower pipe fastening..........sorting through the JUNK pile!

Guess what that strut cap is too.........anyone?

Thinking about making a cross inside pipe with 4 or 2 break away bolts and one center break away bolt to strut cap mounted from beneath rotor?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: Wow - still more steel and now added technology!!! Maybe I have misunderstood - this is a mail-box, isn't it?

If you send down some sample snow (we never see the white-stuff down here), I can build you a microprocessor controlled detector (with added neural learning algorithm - if you want) for distinguishing snow. You could then add a DCC style electric shock absorber into the pedestal instead of your primitive door shock!! I definitely want one of these mail- boxes!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don

I'm only doing this because what is available on market is just absolute shit or too much money, again for shit!

I juts need to focus on something my stress levels are pinned lately!

Trying to keep it simple and use JUNK.

I'm all about recycling, as always and making use of old garbage I saved + it has to function to solve this problem and hopefully looks good when done.

The approach is with safety in mind too!

Do you think it looks pleasing or is it an eyesore?

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I think it looks so awesome that someone will steal it if you don't "nail it down".

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

15. Likes PetrolDave, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Don..........

Jack
    Jack: I really meant what I said previously "I'm genuinely impressed with the sheer magnificence and the beauty of the finished product" !!

And it gets more "interesting" with each new technological embellishment which seems to accompany every successive incarnation!!

Uwe's got a good point about someone thieving the "Jack-in-the-(mail) box" (suggested brand name - in case you commercialize the thing). Although, with all that steel - I suspect a would-be robber would need some heavy duty equipment for the heist!

Don
    PS: We don't have such things on our letter-boxes down here - but I notice the top part is missing the "little flag" that I've seen so often in US television shows. I never quite understood the purpose of the flag (perhaps to indicate the position of the letterbox to the postman- Shirely not?) but given the bells-and-whistles on your creation, why not include one - perhaps?

PPS: And I certainly do understand the therapeutic value of a "project" as a salve for stress - can be very effective indeed!!
    Last edited by DV52; 12-14-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)