Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: IT'S IN THE MAILBOX or IS IT?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    IDK I kind of like the Arm it kind of has a stance like come on snow plow, come ON....bring it on!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Jack: I reckon that you have just identified your next project!!

Here's starting instructions - purely as a guide, of course:

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love one of these, Don.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    I'd love one of these, Don.
    Fortunately you happen to know someone @ 1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549 who may be contemplating making a snow machine. Assuming that you have a lazy $1M USD sitting in the sock drawer at home - I'm sure that Jack would be willing to make two machines!!

Don

PS: me too - we don't normally get the white-stuff down here and with global warming, I suspect the only way I will see snow is to order a third unit from said Jack. Problem is my sock drawer is empty and with our disastrous exchange rate, the Aussie "pacific peso" is worth nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes DV52, NZDubNurd, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: Don't claim success just yet - but yes, it's looking good!!!

Incidentally, how many vehicles do you own (and why do they all look similar?

Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    A lot fewer than he used to!

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

11. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack: Don't claim success just yet - but yes, it's looking good!!!

Don

Don

So I went to plow out the shop.

You were right, they got me or did they, it seems I have to set the dampening much stiffer.

Almost every mailbox on 17K is damaged!

A lot fewer than he used to!

-Uwe-
    Too many projects and sick people in my life and these things are becoming lawn ornaments, time to focus for a change & to take out the garbage!

Back to the box upon entry of what I was possibly expecting & since i set tension at weak setting, this door closer is for a 250LB door!

Now I'm going to set the strength tighter and start measuring the TQ load it takes to move it.
    I have to chart this!

THE COOL THING IS THE SNOW WHEN THIS DEEP TO THROW, ACTS AS A CUSHION WHEN IT GETS TIPPED THAT HARD.
    I THINK I'M GOING TO ADD A LIMITER TOO!

RESET WITH ONE HAND SUCCESS! VERY GOOD!

OKAY I'M OFF TO HOME IT's COLD!

I WOULD CALL THIS A SUCCESS!
    SUPER MAIL BOX IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL & I RETRIEVED THE JUNK MAIL!

JUST AS I RESET THIS WHILE TAKING PICTURES I WAVED TO THE TWO PLOW TRUCKS COMING BY WHEN LEAVING!

13. Likes Uwe, Santos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After review of DVR I see exactly what they did.

First plow comes buy and hits the arm back and it's than in rebound and then second plow comes throwing even heavier snow and kicked it right over while top heavy and in other stage.

LOL such a science...........

15. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy round 3 it's snowing wet type heavy again.

Tension is adjusted ......

17. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post