Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS - No Connection issue 04 allroad Bosch 5.0

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Have you checked continuity using the DVOM in Ohms mode?
    I do have contiunuity via Audio, cannot find my better multimeter, but this one showed 1 ohm in the continuity test. That is from the ODB 2 reader to Pin #46 of ABS module.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update!

I can see the module using another tool VWtool. I still cannot see the module in VCDS.

Errors are:
    1324- ----------Unknown Trouble Code -
    1044- ------- Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    _
    18034 ----------Unknown Trouble Code

These appear to be:

01324 - Control Module for All Wheel Drive (J492): No Communications - No low range communication or ABS Coded in correctly.
    01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded (needs to be coded as a manual trans.
    18034 - Powertrain Data Bus
    P1626 - 35-00 - Missing Message from TCU

Coding is where it gets complicated as part of a 6 speed swap (cannot just code the engine, need a alternate tune). I cannot get the coding to "save" using VWtool winXP machine. Appears I have the right login as I can go a few more steps and then it shows the code in the box (image below does not). I also cannot get into basic settings with this program.....So how can I get this to show up with VCDS? Could it be a Hex+CAN device issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cu52 View Post
    Update!

I can see the module using another tool VWtool. I still cannot see the module in VCDS.
    Scratching head. What cable are you using for VWtool?

I would not try to do much with VWtool on a 2004 car. The last update for it was in 1999, and there are things that it just doesn't do right on newer cars.

Just for laughs, try VCDS-Lite with the same cable that you're using for VWtool.
    https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.php

Could it be a Hex+CAN device issue?
    Considering it talks to most everything else in your car, I'm somewhat confused how it could be.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post

I would not try to do much with VWtool on a 2004 car. The last update for it was in 1999, and there are things that it just doesn't do right on newer cars.

Just for laughs, try VCDS-Lite with the same cable that you're using for VWtool.

Considering it talks to most everything else in your car, I'm somewhat confused how it could be.

-Uwe-
    Cable with vwtool is VAG-K+CAN. Black with red lettering. I tried to login for steering anglensensor, but said must be 32000 or less so the value i have used beforebwoth VCDS does not allow login. So confused how Vwtool can see it and VCDS cannot.

I cant get anything with VCDS lite sees csbke in options but nothing responds.

So confused!

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

-Uwe-

@Uwe Could not get it to connect with the VAG + Can cable. Bought a cheap blue 409.1 cable and VCDS lite connects.. Not registered so I cannot get past coding for steering angle sensor. Also not sure I have the right login and coding? 07495 with 06395 A6, 4 pad brakes (HP2?), v8, manual (now) was tip.

Sounds like an issue with the cable or an issue in the car causing the cable not to read? HELP...

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    @Uwe Could not get it to connect with the VAG + Can cable. Bought a cheap blue 409.1 cable and VCDS lite connects..
    Your picture is not from VCDS-Lite.

Sounds like an issue with the cable or an issue in the car causing the cable not to read? HELP...
    Since everything else in the car talks, my guess is that something else in the car is running interference when you try to access the ABS. The HEX+CAN listens on both pins 7 and 15 (K1 and K2). ABS should be on pin 7. If it were mine, I'd try isolating those two pins, one at a time.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your picture is not from VCDS-Lite.

-Uwe-
    Looks like I went into the wrong version for that photo, an old 409 version from my first KII-USB device years ago. below is correct one. Ill try to isolate 15 then and see what happens. Thanks for that suggestion. Is there a list of what is on k1 and k2? Maybe I can figure out the interference rather than just isolating, coding and leaving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I thought at one point many moons ago, we had a list of what's on K1 and what's on K2, but I seem to find it at the moment.

FWIW, K2 was only used starting at about MY 2002.

-Uwe-

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought at one point many moons ago, we had a list of what's on K1 and what's on K2, but I seem to find it at the moment.

FWIW, K2 was only used starting at about MY 2002.

-Uwe-
    If you can find that It would be great! this is a 2004. So guessing there is K2. Hoping that is the issue, unplug a module and Code it!!! I found this: https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html Would this apply to a 04 C5 Also? I know steering wheel/air bag modules are very different.

Is my coding correct per this: 2004 Allroad V8 (WAS auto, is now manual) Cluster already coded, ECU reprogrammed since I cannot code it.

login: 0749(5 or 7) 4 pad front brakes, Lucas HP2 I believe.
    Coding: 06395
    Taken from here:
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...BS/EDS/ASR/ESP)

When I did attempt to code it showed me 01324 which my car does not have low range module.
    Last edited by cu52; 02-10-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If you can find that It would be great! this is a 2004. So guessing there is K2. Hoping that is the issue, unplug a module and Code it!!!
    Personally, I would try isolating K2 at the OBD-II socket rather than trying to do it one module at a time.

-Uwe-