Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI S-Line-Unable to perform Suspension Level control calibration

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, and yes I didn’t think to save it to my laptop and I am now on my phone, but yes I have to assume that this is my issue. I have disconnected the linkage and moved it to the same value as the others so I know the sensor is mechanically sound, plus I swapped sides with the exact same result. All of this, in addition to the absence of any issues prior to my “improvement attempt”, I’d have to point to some problem that I have caused from a software standpoint. I’ve followed the procedure faithfully, beginning in auto, all doors closed, engine running, codes cleared, waited for the car to lower then raise itself first. I just can’t seem to figure this one out.

https://imgur.com/a/ATo4oy3
    Last edited by Uwe; 12-08-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Fixed Image

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, and yes I didn’t think to save it to my laptop and I am now on my phone, but yes I have to assume that this is my issue. I have disconnected the linkage and moved it to the same value as the others so I know the sensor is mechanically sound, plus I swapped sides with the exact same result. All of this, in addition to the absence of any issues prior to my “improvement attempt”, I’d have to point to some problem that I have caused from a software standpoint. I’ve followed the procedure faithfully, beginning in auto, all doors closed, engine running, codes cleared, waited for the car to lower then raise itself first. I just can’t seem to figure this one out.
    Yes, however, what about the value it should read in VCDS blocks versus the actual control arm suspension location as measured for mechanical basic setting in RTFB?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Yes, however, what about the value it should read in VCDS blocks versus the actual control arm suspension location as measured for mechanical basic setting in RTFB?
    I cannot access the basic settings either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you understand the difference between MECHANICAL not in VCDS?
    See this is what happens when people think everything can be done with a scanner?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you understand the difference between MECHANICAL not in VCDS?
    See this is what happens when people think everything can be done with a scanner?
    Im obviously not worthy of your assistance. Thank you for your input Jack. I wish you the best and hope to be as cool as you when I grow up.

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrok View Post
    All of this, in addition to the absence of any issues prior to my “improvement attempt”, I’d have to point to some problem that I have caused from a software standpoint.
    I'm scratching my head, wondering how anything you might have done with the software could possibly have caused such a discrepancy in the readings from the sensors.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m obviously not worthy of your assistance. Thank you for your input Jack. I wish you the best and hope to be as cool as you when I grow up.
    I think you are misunderstanding my questions and I'm not trying to be sarcastic here.

If the sensor will show as specified disconnected & as you said, this implies the mechanical sensor position is invalid and must be adjusted to reflect the measurement or the suspension is failing to travel as specified, right?

Why do you think that I'm not trying to explain this?

If you were not worthy I wouldn't continue to try to help you, I realize you must be frustrated & I apologize if it seems otherwise.

Maybe something is physically bent?

Example:

If you move LF sensor disconnected to suspension to value and force it to value close to other RF, will VCDS permit an adaption or beginning of basic settings then to prove it by crosscheck?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 12-08-2019 at 10:52 AM.

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are misunderstanding my questions and I'm not trying to be sarcastic here.

If the sensor will show as specified disconnected & as you said, this implies the mechanical sensor position is invalid and must be adjusted to reflect the measurement or the suspension is failing to travel as specified, right?

Why do you think that I'm not trying to explain this?

If you were not worthy I wouldn't continue to try to help you, I realize you must be frustrated & I apologize if it seems otherwise.

Maybe something is physically bent?

Example:

If you move LF sensor disconnected to suspension to value and force it to value close to other RF, will VCDS permit an adaption or beginning of basic settings then to prove it by crosscheck?
    No, nothing is bent or broken. I’ve looked it over many times. I can try to move the sensor to a value closer to the others, but would it cause an issue if I were to support the vehicle? I have moved it to where we’re referring to yesterday and the front end dropped all the way down, understandably because it thought it was higher. Should I possibly disable auto leveling while doing this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Now do you see why I ask if you took measurement or reference the RTFB? I know to you and maybe sometimes others, this is not what you want to hear, however, at least I think I'm consistent for the most part, right?
    You may need to hear it 20 times first though huh, see that's me being a sarcastic asshole?
    Did you know I raise the vehicle up with jack stands or lift on appropriate body area, not the suspension?
    Then did you know I remove all respective sensor arms & qualify each range in VCDS blocks?
    Did you know I then setup a baseline reading and use pole jacks to raise suspension as required to see it runs full range?
    Then did you know I simulate the positions needed to do adaption and qualify the range adaption in VCDS so I don't over tax pumps?
    Then did you know I compare height of arms hooked up in question & with range of sensor and modify position as needed to see they are in known balance with DVOM and VCDS blocks?
    Did you know after I qualify all that I then set car down and do hopefully the final adaption?

I hope these questions help.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now do you see why I ask if you took measurement or reference the RTFB? I know to you and maybe sometimes others, this is not what you want to hear, however, at least I think I'm consistent for the most part, right?
    You may need to hear it 20 times first though huh, see that's me being a sarcastic asshole?
    Did you know I raise the vehicle up with jack stands or lift on appropriate body area, not the suspension?
    Then did you know I remove all respective sensor arms & qualify each range in VCDS blocks?
    Did you know I then setup a baseline reading and use pole jacks to raise suspension as required to see it runs full range?
    Then did you know I simulate the positions needed to do adaption and qualify the range adaption in VCDS so I don't over tax pumps?
    Then did you know I compare height of arms hooked up in question & with range of sensor and modify position as needed to see they are in known balance with DVOM and VCDS blocks?
    Did you know after I qualify all that I then set car down and do hopefully the final adaption?

I hope these questions help.
    Thank you, Ill let you know how it works out.